Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally getting to the end

Royal

I have been building a workshop this summer. I love tinkering with wood, no dang good at it but love making sawdust. I have the tools to work with, bandsaw, drill press, router table, sanders, saws, etc but never had anyplace to really work. We have a two car garage on the house but that is absolutely full of power tools and bikes, scooter, kayak stuff, etc and I had to take my table saw and stuff to the drive way to do any work.

Well I decided to build a shop. Restrictions hold me to 24x26 and I had to go through 750 dollars worth of special meetings to get permission to put it where I wanted but I finally started around the first of Aug. I don't know squat about building but I have good friends and they helped me thought the roughing it in. My old arse was a dragging every dang night. I have lost about 30 lbs but leaned a lot and all I have left is the inspections and electrical.

I have to move my main service out there and run underground to the house to the panel. It is about 90 ft and will be in 2 in PCV conduit. I have the wiring coming along pretty well and should have the electrical wrapped up next week some time. I am ready to take a dang break!!

Here are a few pictures of it.

[attachment 141676 Garage1.jpg]

[attachment 141677 Garage11.jpg]

[attachment 141678 Garage111.jpg]

couldn't access it for a couple days.
You did a really fine job buddy!:thumbup::thumbup:

So.....is the suite upstairs going to be your "doghouse"?:biggrin: Better put a TV line in:biggrin:

I enjoyed watching it come together on the web cam. Thats sounds like a great place to spend the winter up in your new work shop.
Keeping the stairs free of snow, is another story. My pressure treated stairs get pretty slick at times. Mine are in the shade and get greasy from the dampness unless I power wash them. With the web cam up there it will be like watching the Bob Villa show on this Old House. My favortie wood skill is putting it in the woodstove....LOL.....

Nice pictures.

George-CT

you could drag that new garage unit down here, it would match my place perfect. I sided this place only did it vertical. Geo

shop is going to be on the bottom floor and there will be storage up stairs, maybe a guest room eventually. I have a 6X12 deck up there too.

It is turning out exactly as I had in mind when I started.

My buddy is bringing his back hoe over tomorrow around noonish. I will set up the camera if the weather permits. Gotta get the power line run

I ever did and had a friend come over and get me started right. I used a water level to get the starter row right. By the way, that is how the Egyptians got the Pyramids so level :D

They dug intersecting channels in the bedrock, filled them with water and then cut the bed rock down to water level. They then filled in the channels and started building. Clever people :thumbup:

I can not believe how great you did on building this...just fantastic! How deep are you going to bury the electrical wire from the workshop to the house? Same question concerning any water lines...how deep. This is all amazing...that is one great looking workshop. You did good! :clap: Kelley (Texas) :)

at the workshop again. Royal, you really did a great job building this workshop. Kelley (Texas) :)

More like a second living quarters.

Well done buddy!!!

Calm seas

Micheal

and am running it in 2 inch PCV conduit. I am not running any water out because I would have to go over 42 inches and what the heck, I am not going to need water in the winter and if I ever need any, I am only 30 ft from my garden hose. Heck with it.

Thanks for the kind words buddy:thumbup: