Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally found a gold ring (I think...)

SDart

I've been searching high and low at all different types of sites (beach, tot lots, etc.). Fairly confident this is what I've been looking for! Rang in at 12-09, only about 3 inches deep. I've been driving all over looking for good places to hunt, wouldn't you know I found it near a school sports field only about a five minute walk from my house. It's a class of 2001 ring from Mexico. Unfortunately there is no purity mark inside the band. The coins are all the clad (minus the pennies) I've found while looking for something gold. Hopefully it's gold and I can start another clad count until the next piece.

12-09 are good numbers for a gold ring that size . Are there any markings at all inside ? Also check for any corrosion with a magnifying loop . Looks good from here.

I agree with the tracker very strongly. If it was not gold it would have way different numbers. I'm guessing by the Coler it's 18k. Nice job! Would really like to know how much canslaw and pulltabs you Had en to dig to find it maybe we can come up with an average amount that must be dug to find gold in say like a park or a sportfield as opposed to a beach. I dig a few low tones everytime out but have yet to hit gold on dryland. Anybody have any idea?

Looks pretty good from what I can see.You can take a magnet to it and if it doesn't stick then its gold.Hard to tell in a picture but from the colour it looks like14k at least.Nice find. Grumpy

I have been a ring hunter for 30 years an inland site ring hunter , what i find is rings seem to come in "waves" this means i may find 2 gold rings within weeks of each other , then it could be a year or even 3 years before the next gold rings are found, inland sites are no where near as good as beaches for gold rings. i dig maybe 600 - 1000 tabs to 1 ring. inland. I have found gold rings on beaches within minutes!

Did you find all that big pile of clad on the one hunt? You must have never got off your knees for that hunt! Did you get a total on the coins? Anyway, congrats on the gold ring........gold is always good!!!