Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally drying out

Terry

Been doing some old county school locating but it's so darn wet up here in Winnipeg it's almost impossible to hunt. I did manage to find an old school site which wasn't too wet to walk in,but the field was to wet to work and the weeds have sprung up to about my knees. I did find a small section that I could hunt in and was surprised with the results. I can hardly wait till the fall when the farmer gets the field worked up enough to metal detect.

Nice ! :cheers:What are the dates on those coins?

Nice going Terry.:clapping: Working places with grass to your knees can be tough, but glad you found a little spot to work. GL & HH when that grass gets plowed.

Eddie

The quarter is 1918, the little nickel is 1906, and the two dimes are 1912, and something that ends in a 6.

Nice finds, especially the silver. The relics are also neat, especially the jewelry. What is the coin like item with the round center hole? Good luck at this site - hope you find more goodies. HH

Nice silver finds there Terry:thumbup:

[size=large]you say all that stuff came out of a sampling of the area? looks like you're in for some heavey hunting this fall or sooner if the farmer cuts the grass. congrats.

HH[/size]

Nice finds! Could it be that the coins do not sink as fast in the "drier areas?" If the area you found them in was drier now, then it has probably been drier all these years as well. Coins do most of their sinking when the soil is saturated.

How deep did you find them? Again great job!

Very nice! love the old silver, I'm really fond of the old Canadian coins, I dug a 1908 Canadian dime here in Mich this spring. Nice relics too! Keep it up!

The round object with the hole in it is some kind of a token. It has writting on both sides but I have yet to investigate it.

Most of them were between 4 - 6 inches and the spot where I found them was low and you could see that the water had sat ther a while. That's the only reason the weeds hadn't grown in yet.