Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally broke ice today....

fwcrawford

I have been learning the Equinox and doing pretty good with it, but had not found any silver coins until today..
Have one IH cent so far, a few wheats, and V- nickel, and of course a lot of deep and shallow clad.
I decide to hit an old school that has given up some silver in past hunts, but have not found any there in a while.
I got some deep clad and a few odd pieces of junk and later in the day I got a sweet signal that just sounded different than what I have been hearing up til now.
It bounced between 28 and 30, but did not sound like a clad quarter to me.. just something different.. I actually scanned the spot for several seconds to listen to this sound before digging.
I dug down to about maybe 5 or so inches and saw some silver.. been a while since I've seen silver in the hole.
I was happy to finally break ice and hit some silver after finding other old coins.. I knew it would only be a matter of time.
I am really liking this machine and look forward to hearing that odd sound some more!!
Thanks for looking!

n/t

Nice start. It will get better. Just keep it low and slow and learn the machine.

Doug

You are doing well Felix!! I'm glad you found your first piece of silver!! I feel a good test would be to go back where you found one lonely IH cent. Give the place another chance :rofl: :blink:

You’re in 50 I tone I assume and you heard a “difference” in tone? Can you elaborate? HOW was the signal different? How deep has the deepest clad been? Silver is always good to see!

Nice findsThe Nox is a great machine I go to hammered spots and find silver a lot its a relativity easy to use machine I like 5 tones and field 2..
Mark

I agree Mkus.. it is a relatively easy machine to use.. I am used to all the tones of the Sovereign which I still have and am currently using 50 tones on this machine.
I think from using the Sovereign which requires a slow sweep speed and has multitones and using an old XTerra 50 which was my very first detector, this helped me with my learning curve.
Also, I have been corresponding with earthlypotluck a few years starting back when we both had Sovereigns and he has been giving me to tips to help reduce the learning curve even further.
I have been looking at your posts and you are making some great finds along with others here.
I'm happy to be making some finds this soon to post myself.
Only had the detector for less than a month, but am really liking the lightweight of the machine compared to the Sovereign.

I have not given up on that other site yet.. just needed a little break from all the iron signals.. I bet there is a nice Barber in there somewhere waiting for me.
No hurry on this though.. I have the site to myself.. others moved on long ago.
Thanks for all the tips you have provided me to help me with this new machine.

I had found a few other coins before getting over this signal and they were clad dimes, and copper pennies.
Those coins bounced around quite a bit along with the tones, but this signal just seems much clearer and more stable in audio and VID.
At first I thought it may be a quarter.. either silver or clad, but it just did not sound to be a larger target.
The clad I have been finding at another site is down to about 6 or 7 inches.. anywhere else this would be silver in my area, but this is a very flat sports field that may have been filled, but also has standing water on it
from recent rains.. I think a combination of these two factors have resulted in deep clad. I have found some silver coins and wheat pennies there too, but surprisingly they were relatively shallow.
This is a good site to learn to ID deep signals, but after a while of only finding clad, it gets a little boring.
BTW.. I am currently using 50 tones and F2 at 0.
I am liking this machine and have had it less than a month and already have some decent finds with it.

fwcrawford said:
I agree Mkus.. it is a relatively easy machine to use.. I am used to all the tones of the Sovereign which I still have and am currently using 50 tones on this machine.
I think from using the Sovereign which requires a slow sweep speed and has multitones and using an old XTerra 50 which was my very first detector, this helped me with my learning curve.
Also, I have been corresponding with earthlypotluck a few years starting back when we both had Sovereigns and he has been giving me to tips to help reduce the learning curve even further.
I have been looking at your posts and you are making some great finds along with others here.
I'm happy to be making some finds this soon to post myself.
Only had the detector for less than a month, but am really liking the lightweight of the machine compared to the Sovereign.
Thanks I've had mine about 2 years and believe me it has brought old spots back to life that I hit with my Etrac and Deus both sold now I only use my 800..
My finds have been very impressive to me even..
One thing I cant stress enough is dig those deep iffy targets walk around it check it from all angles and turn up sensitivity..
Mark

n/t

You are welcome Felix. This site would be the perfect place to see if you can ferret out some silver. :detecting:

fwcrawford said:
I have not given up on that other site yet.. just needed a little break from all the iron signals.. I bet there is a nice Barber in there somewhere waiting for me.
No hurry on this though.. I have the site to myself.. others moved on long ago.
Thanks for all the tips you have provided me to help me with this new machine.

I think you will find that the silver sound is totally different to any other sound the machine makes, to me it sounds as though it is singing here I am silver.
My SE Pro used to make a similar noise.

It sounded like I would hear on my Sovereign too when I got over silver.
Your term “singing” is the word I was looking for.

Silver is always awesome!!!! I was out today and was hoping for some silver and got a couple buttons :( Congrats Can't wait to see your other finds :)