Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally, a half way decent macro bug photo.................

Kelley (Texas)

Fate was in my corner this morning, a nice and very colorful bug finally came my way! Well, when I say it "finally came my way"...I best let the cat out of the bag. I found this butterfly bug in the rear window of my wife's car, dead as a door nail, but it was still intact. I placed it on a rock, put the camera in AUTO MODE (only mode that I know at this time) and pushed in the Macro button. After I took this macro photo, I brought the butterfly bug into the house. I may save the butterfly bug or better yet may put it out back for the birds to eat. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :lol:

does your camera eat batteries? Mine sure does, of course it is older and cheaper.
Enjoy your day :)
Wayne

and they will last about two hours. I bought some extra batteries on eBay for the camera. I have been using a lot of battery power trying to figure out how this camera works. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I have tried and they never turn out. All I can get is one of Alices'lilies.

Sunny skies, calm seas, fair winds

M

Cambodian Tire [read Canadian tire]. They have a special right now on Memorex batteries.. 50 of 'em for $12.99. These are AAs and it is a great deal. I bought 3 packages. They are alkaline too.

Sunny skies, calm seas

M

Did you take this in the AUTO MODE? Did you figure out how to use this camera? Mike, I am being sincere when I state that this macro photo is better than any that I have taken so far, it looks great! Tell me how you did it. You might want to resize your photo to the 800X600 size so that it will post just a tab smaller and fit the forum screen better.

Mike, I may scrap this camera and get a Sony DSC-H1 digital camera. I took some pictures with one and it was so much easier to use. What I liked about it was that it had an anti-shake provision and an 12X zoom...perfect for wildlife photography. My Nikon Coolpix 5700 is just not user friendly to a dummy like me...kinda frustrating using it, or rather trying to use it!

Mike, again, this is really a great macro photo, sharp and very colorful. You did good!!!! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

They do not move and you have time to set up. I have not yet figured out how to resize pictures so I am afraid that until I do, I will have to crop the shots.I took tkis one in auto mode. However, my son is coming out for visit next month so I will ask him for a tutorial on it. However....

Like you, I think that this camera is a bit too much for me. I will look for a simpler camera to use. I am certain that in the right hands, the camera could do magic. However, those are not my hands.

Sunny skies, calm seas

M

It is a great camera.... It is just too much camera for me.

Garrett???? Eww!!! Sorry, I mean other than the Arkansas crew, Eww!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sunny skies, Calm seas

M

whats down there? :D I guess i have had those machines for so many years that i can understand their "Texas drawl", i know what they are telling me........what i cannot figure out is how an easterner like Steve can understand them? Do you think maybe someone in Texas has been coaching him?:rofl::rofl:

n/t

hang of that Nikon now. I found mounting the camera on a tripod for closeups helped me alot with sharper image. I still have problems with getting the entire bug in focus. I did manage this little fella the other day.

Swampy-CT

n/t