Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Filter Question ???

candycane

Can anyone explain why some machine's have 2-3 or 4 filter's and how does it effect the operation,discrimination and sweep speed....

Hay Candy Cain,

I've never used a 4 filter machine.

Thay say 4 filter machines work better in highly mineralized soil

than two filter machines.

Tha 2 filter machines work better in normal soils.

I always thought tha 4 filter machines were over kill for me.

That's because most of my soil conditions aren't that bad.

Happy Huntin

Tabdog

The number of "filters", as I understand it, has to do with the # of filters that the computerized signal information has to go through, as the detector determines what info is minerals to account for. So the more filters it has, the better able to "filter" out mineralization from the signal/soil.

4 filter machines would be ones like the XLT, 6000 di pro, etc.... They are usually faster sweep machines requiring a bit more motion to get depth. But not as bad as yester-years 4 filter machines which had to be swept REAL fast :) Good places of these machines would be the wet salt beach, deeper targets in turf, faster coverage through furroughed fields, etc...

2 filter machines have better target separation, and better averagaing (see-through) ability. But they generally don't get as much depth as the 4 filter machines, and don't work as well in nasty minerals. Good places for these would be ruins/relicky sites, where nails and iron abounds.

I keep one of each and pull them out depending on what sites I'm going to hit.