Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fields yield a couple coins...

Robin (MI)

And relics. Not sure what the thing with the ship is. It is very thin metal with no markings (any ideas?). The token is an "Our Army" and a flying eagle cent showed up too! Also dug a few buttons and buckles. It was an old residence that is long gone, patato field now.

I thought they outlawed tokens in 1864? Most that I find are dated 1863.

HH to all - Robin

That 1864 Token of yours is a neat one. As far as I can tell, it is Patriotic Die #46 which lists for about $6 in VG, $20 in VF and it has a rarity of R1 which is common. Still a great find though. And to find a Flying Eagle Cent is just way too cool. Those are a tough one to pull. Whatever the Ship item is, it still is a nice looking Relic and I know I would be going back to that Potato field on my next outing. Continued success at that site and Good Luck and HH.

Great finds Robin.Is the token a " Good For" One?? Dont know what the ship is but its neat!!

Awesome finds. I've found a civil war token but not a Flying Eagle. Hope mine is as nice looking if I find one.

n/t

If you have a red book for coins read the begining of the Indian head cent pages. It goes something like this... during the civil war, cents and small denomination coins were hoarded and there was real need for small coins to make change. Merchants started making their own "Store Cards" that were used in place of small cents. I think the patriotic tokens were an option to gettomg Store Cards made. When they made Indian head cents they outlawed tokens.

HH - Robin

Hi Robin,

Congrats on all your finds, especially the Flying Eagle cent. In my 10 years of detecting I have only had the pleasure to dig only one....they are extremely elusive. The soil in that area was kind to your Eagle because mine is really corroded and the date is unreadable. I wish the U.S. Mint would make a coin with this same gorgeous design. Have a great Thanksgiving -Brian