Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Field Testing My Sovereign

D Wes

I bought an original Sovereign in great condition, I bought one when they first came out and Hunted with it for about Four years. I sent it to David at Dixie Metal Detectors to get checked and tweaked, Could not test it first because I had no Battery or Charger but David fixed me right up and tested my 13 year old unit out for me. David gave me permission to post his Tweaking of my Sovereign, and I sincerely thank Him for his great customer service and all the time he spent with me talking on the phone.
(Field Testing) One big difference I noticed and like is the ability to turn the Sensitivity up to 10 O-clock and the unit is stable. I was a little surprised at this so I went to a Park that is the Hottest Ground that I every Hunted with my First Sovereign and could only run it in Auto Mode. This Park is Loaded with Cinders and I have Hunted it with many other Detectors as well. I was shocked and Surprised to be able to run the sensitivity at 11 O-clock, there was a little noise in some places but did not haft to lower the Sensitivity at all. Two good finds in three hours but nothing over 6 inches in Depth. This is a great day for me at this Park. A short in my Cable at the end of it forced me to go to an old Friend to Have 4 Feet cut off of my 8 inch Coin Search Coil.
Prior to the short I air tested with a old Nickle to get 7 1/2 inches. After the Shorting of the Cable I got a solid 9 1/2 inches. To be honest I don't know if the air test numbers are good or not. The Cable Length now is 3 Feet and in my op-ion is Just right. One last test to check for depth at a Old school that has been Hunted very hard. Out in the Country away from it all, sun shining and the grass was mowed, I was ready to enjoy my day, After 10 minutes I had to check my Sovereign to see if it was working, ruining Sensitivity at 11 O-clock was not even getting a whisper, this was disappointing to say the least, cranked her up to 10 O-clock and still smooth running with no signals to even check. Finally got one down about 7 inches was a little brass button. Second signal was the one that impressed me, down under a root at a good 9 inches out popped a Wheaty and my third signal of the day was a old key at about 7 inches.
I apologize for this extra long report but hope that it may help. I'm very happy with my Modified Old New Sovereign, she may be OLD, but does very well in the Field.

cool sounds great, I have two coinsearch coils , one has a shortened cable one is stock length, I honestly feel like I get more depth with the short cable coil as opposed to the stock length........

Adam you are fortunate two have two Coin Search Coils, from all that I have spoken to and have read on the Forums they still are the Best Coils to date for the Sovereigns. I'm very impressed at how well they Pin point and stable they are. I;m shopping for a 11 inch Coin search Coil but have had no luck in finding one for sale yet. Shir would like to be in California to Detect, its getting scarce around here to find any productive ground to hunt. Going to Missouri next week to do some Detecting, Ill let ya know what I find.