Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Field Test/ Eye Opener!!!

christian_99

Here is the test, an easy one at that; Take a square nail and hold it next to a nickel in one hand and turn your machine on and see if you can detect the nickel. More than likely the machine will pause and the tone will go down and null on the objects. If you have a TID machine the cursor will probably go into iron or bounce around the screen giving you a marginal signal that you wouldn't dig. If you were digging you would walk right on by- and not think anything of the signal.

I tried doing this with the Explorer at various settings and it could not indicate that there was a good signal- only marginal pitch changes that would again, make one ignore the signal and not dig.

I tried doing this with the Sov XS2 at various settings and it could not indicate that there was a good signal- only marginal pitch changes that would again, make one ignore the signal and not dig.

The machines I own are the Tesoro Bandido, Cibola, Vaquero, Exp, Sov XS2, Fisher 1266, GTA 1000 ultra, PI machine, and another very cheap machine.

So on all machines, other than "all metal", each machine discriminated out both the iron nail and the nickle. The only machines that were able to correctly indicate a good signal were...(drum roll please!!!) were the Tesoro machines!

I could put the nail in front of the nickle and it would still read the coin at disc set below iron on the C and V, and on the Bandido, the disc was at ZERO!!! Even with the disc set at just below nickle on both the C and V, they still got the coin each time. The Bandido's disc can be set at 3 and still disc out the nail and read the nickle with a good strong signal!

Summary, all Tesoro machines were able to detect the coin with a great signal with the iron nail next to, in front of, and behind the coin- while all of the other machines listed did not. Again, try this yourself and truly have an EPIPHANY at the sites you have been to and dug, sites that you literally walked right over stuff and left it behind. Sure both the Sov and Explorers are great machine's, the tones are fantastic; however if you have any nails next to coins, buttons, rings, the things you are looking for- well you and others have left them there unless you dig in all metal.

It's been my experience that the Minelabs do much better in ground than in air tests. The Explorer is great for silver Dimes.

My detector can pass that test and it ain't a Tesoro. :)

whats wrong with that i have tweleve machines and my wife made me sellfive last year and iam not a dealer.its like an addiction when i have them i dont like to give them up.happy hunting.

My Tejon and Sidewinder had no trouble hitting a nickel amongst nails, but didn't do as well as some other machines when I switched to pulltabs and a dime.

The Tesoros excel in iron!
Skillet

Yes...i have nine machines and as you all can see enjoy digging. Granted Tesoro's aren't that deep, they can still get into places that other machines will LITERALLY leave the goodies in the ground. However, I do have a confession to make....I am thinking of using the Fisher 1266 with Hot Head coil to hit a few places and dig some of the Mega deeper signals that are adjacent to some of the camps and sites that I hunt. So I am sure I will be digging some deep iron, but I plan too anyway, as that is where the good items are any how. Plus its a good work out!

So did the Compass 77IB in 1972 almost ten years before Tesoro arrived on the scene. :) Couldn't resist throwing that in Skillet.

Bill

Yeah I've got eight, Used to have about 13 but unloaded a few. Have a friend who has every detector he ever bought. Think he has 22 or so.

Bill

Thats the way to do it. I have a 1978 Phantom that passes the nail test much better than the Tesoro

Didn't factor in where the ground balance was set on the phantom, the nail test is about the same only Mr T has faster response and of course is deeper. :spin: