Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Field Of :pulltab:'s And Unrealized Dreams

MONKOO8

Hey Everyone,
Hope you all are out if your able and good things a poppin'.
Last year I received permission to hunt a private baseball field and right out the gates I found a nice piece of gold. Then the weather got hot, dirt was hard and the field was full of stickers and never made it back.
Recently it was raining here which means the ground was softened up a bit, the field was cut and the weather cool so I decided to give it my all to find another good piece as I thought there should be a few hiding.

My method was simple with the GTI 2500...Dig it all...anything sized A to C foil to quarter.
This is a big ball field and little did I realize what that meant.
Gonna try to keep this short as possible.
Went three different days for 3 1/2, 3 and 3 1/2 hours for 10 hours total. The first two back to back and the next a week later...Gosh the grass grew a lot in that week...made the last day much harder to swing clean.
Had almost no luck until about the last half hour on the third day when behind second base towards center field this little silver cross showed...thing was it had a very flat beep and notched like a zinc penny on the machine and I can't really figure that part out.
Day one tab tally 57 pulls, 11 tails, 13 flips and 7 caps. Day two had 75 pulls, 11 tails, 22 flips and 11 caps. Day three finished with 33 pulls, 6 tails, 6 flips, 4 caps and a small silver cross.
Now that I've eliminated a lot of the noise, if the right conditions occur think that I'll maybe give it one more shot before :surrender:.
Enjoy the pics and HH

Pretty much how it goes. You never know for sure, and detectors are not foolproof.
It doesn't matter if your nsfrument is top of the line, or not.
That's why we call it, "detecting," and not "knowing."

The only way to KNOW is to recover the target.

This is a really cool post! Nice work all around..:clapping: I once found a little silver ring that pinged in as a zinc buried on a sportsfield..it has a tiny but very brilliant opal in it, and my Wife really likes to wear it...that was my first experience with small silver pinging low, oh and silver chains do to...they sound like one of those wires off a chainlink fence...:thumbup:
Mud

Love the cross and you found some clad along with the trash. Maybe with all that dug you can find some real good gold and silver.
GL & HH. When I'm using my GTI-2500, I dig anything above 4. Lots of pull tabs and pop tops sound off from 4-7, but good targets do also. They just have a different tone. I figure if I dig all the trash and get it out of the way, the rest is gravy.

That's a lot of tab-ness Monkoo8!! And a really great idea. That's something I'm gonna keep in mind should the opportunity arise.:please:

The more Inlook at thins heaps, the more impressed I am
That's some serious perseverance!

I appreciate the comments and thanks for looking.
Went into it with a "If you dig, It will come" mentality.
No homerun this time but at least got a hit with the cross.
Will say this, that field went from sounding like a machine gun of beeps to almost dead quiet...that was some feeling of small accomplishment.

With the 2500 and it's limited audio that's about the only way to really search out the yellow stuff.

Ultimately I think the gold makes a softer flat sound but when every piece is shaped different, different purity, weight, size and then of course depth this is the best method
The same is true for pull tabs: they're almost all different and different depths...your able to distinguish a few but again with that limited audio your taking a chance every time you don't dig.
Shoot this time even that silver cross didn't bell like it should have. It beeped zinc penny flat. Even outta the ground still flat.

Way to keep that positive attitude, that has to be some serious patience you have there. Maybe some good can come out on the final hunt. At least you are cleaning up a park for the future games (if there is any). Maybe you can make a necklace out of the tabs for an "Experience Trophy" and put it on the shelf.

My back aches just looking at those piles. You sure earned that cross !

You certainly have done some serious digging and would hope you would be rewarded by at least one gold ring !
I have no doubt, with the determination you have, if it's there, and within detecting range, you will find it.
Best of luck to you ! Gene

Wow! I am happy to see this post. It's nice to see that not every single day turns up a silver half dollar or 1800's coin. Not that I don't hope you find something soon in that field, just nice to know that I'm not the only one pulling tabs. If it's not there, you can't dig it!