Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Field Hunting T2 Chatter

T2

When I am hunting a field I am finding I get a lot of low numbers popping up with chippy audio. Is this a ground balance thing or should I lower the sensitivity?

Is it a trashy field? Are there any power lines nearby? Chirpy chatter with low numbers sounds like small iron/trash items or some bad ground. If you are running pretty high sen., say 80's up, try lowering the sen. some. Are you in a m or disc.? Some amount of disc. should knock out small iron. Good luck, jim tn

Im in disc running about 80. I think there are small pieces of iron. Also there is a lot of stubble which may cause it to go off. No power lines around though.

Thanks for the help!

HH

The sens was at 80 and I have been playing around with peoples suggestions of below 5 on disc or 51 to get the deepest ground penetration. I think 21 should rule out the little bits of iron but this thing is ULTRA sensitive. I've dug for a 1700's nail head before. Thank goodness for Pro PinPointer!

sometime when you're hunting in a disc setting that brings in the extra gain and you hear a target, before you dig it, try a disc setting on that same target that affords the "normal" gain and just see how much difference there is. Of course you'll want to try this on a fairly deep target. This will give you the confidence in both settings ranges for what they can do and at what "cost" or liability. This is the only way that YOU'LL know and be comfortable that you're doing the right thing for how you want to hunt for what you can find at that given site. Good luck!!

Or at least that is what I swap around between depending on the site. If the pops + clicks bother you, then you can run 40 disc to be about as silent as you can get as your not in that "boost" range. So, when I get up around 40 on the disc, I'll increase the sensitivity into the 90's (really my T2 never goes out of the 90's). Running around 21 will still get ya lots of pops & clicks, but not like under 5 will.....
I believe it's under 4 is where you need to be for that "power boost" by the way. I reserve the 211 (21 disc/ 1 tone) method for hunting in nails, as in a bed of nails you don't need a power boost......
I guess it all equates to how deep you need to go in that field? If things are plowed up in the field 40 may work for you. A fourth option would be all-metal mode as it sounds alot different (smoother?) than the disc boost area, but then your hearing more than a 21 disc even....
I think of it this way.....you need top depth you gutta hear some chatter. With very few virgin sites left here, I have to get as deep as I can, so I have been running with basically a "threshold" so to speak with disc under 3, & sensitivity in the high 90's. Annoys some people, but I just turn the volume way down in my headset & watch numbers, & lots of hunted out sites are producing again with this.....
HH,
Bill

Bill,

Have you ever seen the ID number change from the time the ground is undisturbed to when you get a shovel full deeper? This really frustrates me a bunch and would like to know how to avoid it. I come from a 1 tone machine without visual ID. Maybe I have to much going on with both audio and visual and have a bit of a learning curve as I have only been out with the T2 a doen times.

Yes, I see stuff like that happen alot. Often when I dig an "iffy" signal, after getting the plug out it will disappear completely. This usually means I got fooled by a deep nail or something & I just kick the plug in & move on.....
Numbers changing from the time you open the ground up could be lots of things, like you changing the position of the target (was on edge?) to mineralization, iron in same hole, or a deep item that the ID was not "sure" of........
Like you said, it will take many hours to adjust to a target ID unit coming from a non-ID background.....Just try to enjoy the new technology, as a target ID unit is really there to help you dig less iron. Be sure to check "jumpy" or iffy targets from different sweep angles before making the choice to dig on the initial sweep.......
HH,
Bill

Thanks again for all the info!

I have found a artillery button from LAFAYETTE's 64th from the Rev War in this area. He was only there 2 days before marching to Yorktown. Nice price tag on the button as well but will never sell. I have found buttons from the Rev War, War of 1812 and Civil War with my little Tesoro Siver Umax. I know more is there and I know I can get deeper as I have found Flat buttons and a cuff of a foot deep. There is just so much small iron it can drive crazy. Going out tomorrow and hope to post pics. Found a field where union troops camped.

Thanks again!

HH

Ugggghhh! All the above helped me out a bunch but 7 hours in 98 degree heat was too much! I only managed to find a musket ball. No one else had any luck either. We have to wait on the good farmer to take down the brown corn. Looks like this Fall will be the hnting season there. Its hardcore swinging the stick in these temps. Cold beer is going down well now :)

But the heat had me inside quickly too....:hot:
Congrats on the Rev War stuff......I love finding that type stuff although it's hard to get now with all this modern "progress"....
I've dug 2 diff. French numbered buttons like yours, but from Rochembeau's March....
HH,
Bill

Bill, Im wondering if it was not the 64th artillery with Rochembeau's unit as well. I know its French but he and LAFAYETTTE's troops marched the same path. How could I tell?

I just wish the corn would come down or I will be sitting idle until October.....