Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Few UK coins for the LTD2

KIPPERMAN32

Hi

Recently sent my f75 in for upgrade and its way better than it was tho lacks a bit on the AM. Anyway Last 2 trips out and heres the best of my efforts...2 elizabeth st sixpences (1580 & 1594) and also above them are the 2 smaller ones which are Edward 1st pennys (1279-1307)

Cheers

Ste

Hi..

Just running 1 tone/Je mode and 99 sens in most cases and just digging anything over 20...works for me in my soil, tho its as much if not moreso down to location than detector used.

Cheers

Ste

Beautiful. Boggles the mind what it must be like with coins of that age to hunt after. Nice work.

Thanks. I was advised by a mate to persevere with the 1 tone. I been out last few times on a very well worked site and picked up some deep medieval artefacts using JE mode & 2F. I'm contemplating getting the Detech Ultimate coil at the weekend.

Hi

Ive also been running 0 discrim and today ran it on 2L..Could hear the iron in that mode tho very quiet and a lot easier on the ears and saves looking at screen everytime. Pretty much always used 2F till upgrade.

Cheers

Ste

Yep that's amazing. My last hunt I found an 1834 fractional reale and for California that's old, it must be exciting to find 500+ year old hammereds!

Congrats, some day I will take my F75 LTD2 over the pond.

HH,
Brian

I only like hunting coins, silver, copper, brass objects. Will the JE work good for that? What is different about JE vs db? I like how the JE sounds but was not sure if it was good
for coin hunting. What to set the disc on tht program and what would the best for audio?

Yes. Jewelry process is great for nickels and old/deep Indian Head Cents. Probably the small silvers though I have yet to hit a 3¢ with my F-75 (one of my goals).

Don't know which you meant by "db"? dE is default and bP is boost.

Jewelry has more sensitivity for detecting small and lower conductive targets.
Default is good as a starting point.
Boost uses different filters and is slower and choppier than default. Should go deeper but you must swing slower.

Discrimination is pretty much based on what is around you. You can run at 0 in low trash areas. As I recall I read somewhere that 0-6 is high gain, 7-19 is lower gain, and over 20 is again high gain. My original F-75 had a lot of chatter in high gain so I usually ran at 7. Now I am finding zero works. You can run in 1n or 2L and if you do hit iron it's silent or very soft/low tone.