Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Few latest silvers......

Parkit

A few silver finds lately.

This half is fire-damaged, from an old school that burned to the ground:

[attachment 85852 P1140041.jpg]

[attachment 85855 P1140044.jpg]

This Merc from the same place:

[attachment 85853 P1140042.jpg]

A Rosie to cap it off, from another spot; Merc reverse from the burned school:

[attachment 85854 P1140043.jpg]

The story behind the school finds is that the school was burned down by rednecks to keep it from being integrated. I guess that's kind of like cutting off your leg because your shoelace broke, and it accomplished about as much. Hard to believe ONE person could be that stupid, but MORE than one?? Apparently.

Steve

Those are some ice finds. Mercs are one of my favorite finds and as scarce as hens teeth around here. Your coins are in pretty good shape for a fire. It will always remind you of the history behind them. Here is one I found at a burnt down house. I know it's hard to see but it is a 1916?
[attachment 85863 ScreenHunter_53.jpg]
[attachment 85864 ScreenHunter_54.jpg]
[attachment 85865 ScreenHunter_55.jpg]