Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Few hungry Visitors showed up today....

Ron J

As during every Winter, the cove out back, attracts the Mallard ducks, Swans, and Canadian Geese, and lets not forget the Seagulls! [attachment 75071 Boneanza101.jpg]There is a freshwater stream, that runs alongside my property,that runs into the cove. The birds gather here frequently, but the population seems to grow more in Winter, than Summer. As we all know, seems this generation of birds, do not seem to know how to migrate South, as their ancestors always had. This batch of Swans have some young ones with them, as their coat hasn't turned completely white yet.[attachment 75072 Boneanza103.jpg] Its very odd,their was not one Canadian Geese around. Usually they out number the Mallards. Beautiful birds! We usually feed them a couple loafs of bread. Across the River, behind Kernwood Country Club, there is another Cove, not so surrounded by house's, where there are Duckhunters. We hear the shooting mostly on weekends,early in the morning.If i were a hunter, i could row across, in 10 minutes, but i am not. Rj [attachment 75073 Boneanza106.jpg][attachment 75074 Boneanza111.jpg][attachment 75075 Boneanza113.jpg]

I callem rats with wings!:rofl: Great pics buddy!

In the few areas here in Michigan that the water doesn't freeze the water foul hang out in huge flocks if there is food!

Interesting pic's Ron, as usual

nice pics ron,until they quit selling meat at the grocery store i won't hunt much:biggrin:,but if it got rough,bird meat is my favorite.

n/t

Yeah, Ron -- it snowed about 6 inches yesterday and we still have Canadian geese wall-to-wall on the local fields and parks. When I was a kid, they went south in the winter, so the golf courses were safe.I wuz a 1929 kid, and It seems as though our winters were more severe in the 1930's, but maybe it's just because I was much smaller and the snow was usually up to my hips in any case! Here in Wheat Ridge (about 7 miles east of the Coors brewery in Golden) we're supposed to get snow tomorrow and tomorrow night, so I'll likely be staying indoors fer awhile. I think I've outlived all of my skiing buddies and don't enjoy shoveling snow anymore, so I've recently concluded why the birds stay: Our winters are for the birds!

Regards to all and Merry Christmas from Ol' Frank

n/t

n/t