Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ferry... pt two

Ron J

Here is the Tug,pulling the Container Barge into port.[attachment 66101 ferryride014.jpg] There is Boston,off in the distance..[attachment 66102 ferryride020.jpg] The round tanks,are for sewerage treatment,located as i mentioned on the site of the former Deer Island Prison. There is an underwater tunnel,from that point,out to sea,to dump the treated waste.Gotta fatten up those fish,ya know! As any busy port,there is usually a few vessels,waiting to enter...[attachment 66103 ferryride017.jpg][attachment 66104 ferryride021.jpg]Once we docked,the kids were off to eyeball some Harbor Seals,at the Aquarium.The Seals,seam to play like little kids in the tank.They all swim upside down!(belly-up) We had a couple of hours,to roam around,so we walked around the dock area,then headed to Fanuial Hall,Boston's marketplace. Thirty years ago,there were vegetables/fruit vendors,selling off of their wagons.Now its a tourist trap,selling anything,from clothes,flags,souvenirs,and $7.00 hamburgers!But if you like to "people watch",this is the place.

Is it a oil tanker? I did not realize that Boston was that large until I saw the picture of it that you posted. I suspect that someone on a two week vacation would not be able to see everything in that time frame. The life beside the sea up there is fascinating. Thanks for posting the story and pictures. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

deep in Boston Harbor. Boston is also an LNG terminal! An extremely large vessel with large round globes,carries the LNG in. The Harbor is cleared,when she enters. Surrounded by Police and other Law enforcement agencys.

When I dove there, and I did that fairly often doing commercial work, those seals would come up to you and stare you in the eye. After a while, they got to be real pests, especially when I was working on a fish boat or floating home. But I always marveled at the ease and beauty with which they flew through the water. To them, I must be the clumsiest seal alive :)

fair winds

Mikie

n/t