Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ferrous tones

petew

Can the safari be run in ferrous,and can you use just a few tones on it?I asked one time before but got no answer.

I believe The Relic and All Metal Modes are Ferrous tones, and No you can not adjust the Tones on The Safari.... Got to listen to them all

Hi Pete,

Yes, there are 2 CONDuctive and 2 FERRous Modes in Safari.
Two LHS buttons operate in 'Conductive' sounds meaning coins of silver copper etc will give off high tones with iron also giving high tones.
Two RHS buttons operate in 'Ferrous' sounds meaning coins of silver and copper will give off high tones with iron giving LOW tones.

However, you can 'Swap' C sounds into the F modes and swap F sounds into the C sounds by what Andy Sabisch called ' Cross Saving'

If you just want two tones just run it in All Metal...as this I believe is in Ferrous Sounds (RHS button)

Good Hunting

Des D

Yes hunt in ferrous tones. Digging iron will be thing of the past. Seriously you will not dig it iron will sound aweful. To bad didn't work like that on pull tabs or crushed damn can that sounds and reads 38 at 4'' and its a can at 8'' how do they even get there?

Thanks for the help.I was just watching some videos of the safari,seems very capable of finding gold or silver.I've owned a se pro and Etrac.I sold the se pro cause all the Etrac hype. Well,I got rid of the Etrac,I personally think the se pro was better, for me anyhow.no difference in the 2 except the se sounded better if that makes sense.I'm on the hunt for a new machine and may just get a safari,it looked to perform great.hh