Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Feedback on the F2

EddieR

Does anyone have any experience with the F2? I'm thinking about getting one just as a backup/coin shooting detector. Is it a decent machine?

i bought the holiday bonus coil package and seems to work fine allthough the bad wheather here in conn has kept me indoors since xmas.gl

Was out with my f4 once and a kid showed up in the neighborhood with his f2 thinking we had the same machine. After using it for a little while, I could tell that for the most part we did. Just like with the f70 and f75 being so close in performance, the f2 and f4 are the same except for bells and whistles a lot of folks wouldn't use.

Go to the f2 page on this site. It's accurate: http://www.fisherf75(dot)com

...for the price. It can't be beat for what you get in that price range. The only thing I wish it had was a memory for the last program used. In other words, mine always defaults back to factory settings when I turn it off. The notch is a little confusing to me too...but I'll get it right as I use it more. Other than that...like I said...it can't be beat for what you are getting in that price range. HH

Charles

i turn mine on discr + 5 times then notch once disrc till nickel comes back then fastly hit notch again. now your looking for 25,10,5,and wheats. but yes you have to start over on next use.

Most bang for the buck in the industry, excellent ID, Notch and decent depth....unfortunately you lose some settings when you turn off but with practice in a matter of seconds they can be put back on and you are on your way. I use one for local parks for clad and jewelry. Add to that its light as a feather and all equates to an entry level unit that has many of the bells and whistles of high priced units for a fraction of the price..

Most detectors do a good job but for the coins that are being masked or in a lot of trash or the ground is not the best you get what you pay for. I would not get anything less it was the F5 or above. So I got the F5 and F75. The F5 is a great back up and till something comes out better for the price and power I will stick with what I have.