Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FE #'s in the 20's

ronpa1

Some say to dig the FE #'s in the 20's if you have a consistant CO #. I do and all I get are bits of nails and other junk? Anyone else experience this? Thanks Ron

I find that FE#s don't mean too much if the target is deep. I have been going pretty much by sound and not what the numbers say when it comes to deeper targets.

DukeOBass said:
I find that FE#s don't mean too much if the target is deep. I have been going pretty much by sound and not what the numbers say when it comes to deeper targets.

+1:thumbup:

I used to dig them but it never produced one good find in my area. I now ignore from the 27 and up. If it's in the low 20's with an interesting tone I sometimes try but even those have yet to produce but I'm trying to be an optimist.

A eight inch dime will show up all over the scale, I've seen them bounce from 1-38 24-36 12-46. Go bye sound and repeatability, numbers mean nothing on the deep ones. My cut off is 27, anything that bounces over that stays in the ground.

I have had some very nice 25-45s and they have been silver dimes with iron very close. Like it has been said. I go more by sound than number when in trashy areas.

I would like to sincerely thank ronpa1 for this post!! I too had been wondering about FE numbers in the 20's. If it had not been for this post I would not have dug this target. When I saw 12-28, 12-27 I thought to myself, come on man you have to dig these numbers from time to time to stay informed and at least give yourself a chance at gold. So I got down and dug it. I was completely shocked to see this thing pop out from the bottom of the hole. 10K (7 grams) with a small diamond! It also looks as though a stone may have been around the diamond but fell off. I checked and rechecked the hole looking for the stone but no luck. Last summer I dug a fat 14K ring at 12-35. On that one I thought for sure zinc. As we've all heard a million times...just dig! You never know!

Had a beautiful indian sunday come in a solid 25-36 from all directions, it was 8 in deep and I couldnt find any nails in the hole with it

Wonder if it's also a soil thing. Coins have always come in within a point or two regardless of depth here. High fe numbers are always steel or iron. Even down to 10". The only gold, right on the 12 line. Silver screams silver, no missing it.