Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

fbs 800 coil question

petew

I have a minelab fbs 800 coil but haven't had a chance to use it yet,I've really never liked smaller coils.but I've been thinking that maybe it will help with the nulling,but I'd hate to trade depth for speed.has anyone used this coil and is it close to my stock se pro coil in depth?

Sorry to say you will lose significant depth with the smaller coil..For max depth go slow with an Explorer as speed will cost you depth...Many use the 800 in trashy areas and excel so it does have its place...

I have the 800 coil and have used it a lot, it does have advantages in iron (nails etc) infested ground... Small coils do have advantages that larger coils don't... In iron infested ground you can pick out a lot of coins that you would miss with the larger coils... My favorite is a 4.5 X 7 inch coil.......

HH...............John in Va..

Thanks guys,even though I hate to lose depth...lol..that's why I bought this,to find what everybody else missed.

I prefer the Sunray X-8 coil myself. It is a full 8'' while the Minelab is 7.5''. Also it is a lot lighter at less then a pound and close to the Pro coil in the depth in my area. I use an E-trac with mine so might be different on an original Explorer. I dug a 9.5'' Barber dime a month back using the Sunray X-8 coil.

That's pretty deep,I don't expect that from my pro coil.but I'd sure like to get a signal that deep from this f800