Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

favorite detector

luketheman

hey guys I'm new to this and have been detecting for about 7 months and I'm moving to Hawaii and i need to know what your favorite beach detector is thanks HH

Hello Luke. This is a decision that should be made after you get to Hawaii, or by the counsil of a local, if they would be so inclined to aquiest your request. Hawaii is heavily mineralized, due to the volcanic condition of the environment. Drives many detectors nuts. Are you just going to beach hunt dry sand or water hunt? See if you could get a local or someone who has hunted there successfully before, to counsil you. Good luck.

Hi Luke.I hunted Alot in Hawaii when i lived there.the more popular detectors were the garret sea hunter and the whites pi machine for the water.the technique i used was to walk around in the water were people were swimming with a wetsuit top and 20 lbs of weight with a mask and snorkle. when i would get a signal i would dive down and fan the sand with my hand if the sand was shallowthen pick the target off the coral under the sand .when the sand was deep ypu could just scoop it.IFyou are just doing the beach most any detector will work.I started out with a beginners modelthat was used and with my first 10 gold ring traded them for a used underwater machine.I wouls go a wek without finding much then the sand would move and then would find 2 to 3 gold ring a day !The real key is that you have to do your time to get results.the more i went the more i found.The cold water with the addition of suntan lotion provides a never ending supply of goods.I lived in waikiki so i could walk to the beach which made it nice! Good luck and enjoy!