Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fate of the " ROSALIA"

Ron J

One of the Service Advisors,that i have,is from Gloucester,born/raised,and knows everyone there. His name is John,but his friends call him Giggy for short.(Giagalone)He knows i'am a nautical nut,and has been trying to find some ships lanterns,and related for me.Need to mention, Gloucester Mass.is one of the oldest fishing ports in the States. Well,Giggy mentioned that the Harbormaster told him,there is a 50ft fishing boat,they pulled from the harbor,that is going to be demolished Sat. A.M.,Guess where i'll be tomorrow,bright and early?? When Giggy mentioned this,on Wed.,after work,during a brisk snow/rain storm,i flew down 128,to at least see it.I have permission to remove the stern & stabbord lights,but need to wait till tomorrow... I wanted to see if they were there at all.BUMMER! The backboards were,but the fixtures are long gone.I took these pictures,while there. Here's the "Rosalia". She seems to know her fate,sitting there,quietly,out of the water,like a dead fish. Don't know her history,but she appears to have sunk in a shallow area. Not worth putting $$ into her. RJ[attachment 53165 gloucester030.jpg][attachment 53167 gloucester019.jpg][attachment 53168 gloucester020.jpg][attachment 53169 gloucester021.jpg][attachment 53170 gloucester023.jpg]

n/t

To me, it is a classic looking boat and reminds me of the boat that was in the movie "The Perfect Thunderstorm." I wonder how folks can let such a classic looking boat deteriorate to the point that it has to be destroyed. Thanks for posting this interesting story. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)