Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Farm Hunt 12-09-12

rjfjedi

Hit a farm down the road from my house that my brother's friend owns. This farm is on an 1873 map. The original house isn't there anymore but part of the foundation is. I concentrated a little in the back of that foundation and the front of the foundation where the front walkway was. Did pretty good, found my first large cent 1810, 1935 merc, no date buffalo and some Wheaties. The Buffalo had a wheatie stuck to it as you can see from the mark on it. I need help with the cleaning of the LC, all I did was rinse with warm water. I don't think I should do anymore to this from all the posts saying not to do anything more. The CTX 3030 did not disappoint me at all on this cold rainy day. HH

12-09-12BuffaloNickel1.jpg

12-09-12BuffaloNickel1b.jpg

12-09-12Merc1.jpg

12-09-12Merc1b.jpg

12-09-12LargeCent1.jpg

12-09-12LargeCent1b.jpg

I would leave it but if you get super curious electrolysis would be my suggestion

looks like the penny on the buffalow preserved that part of it , intresting and that merc is so nice,

Neicedog, I think I am just going to leave it the way it is. Looks good to me, I just dont want to loose any detail.

GunnarMN, Yeah the penny did keep that part of the nickel in good shape. you cant see it from the picture but there is still some nickel color around the legs and belly of the buffalo.

HH
Rocco

Boy...That is the toastiest Buffalo I have ever seen...Merc looks great, and the LC could use some hot 50/50 Peroxide and water...I heat up water for 3min in the nuker, then add the peroxide, then drop in the coin...let sit for about an hour.

HH,

Rocco, you had a good day. Gotta be more there. Try the crop fields, thats where I find colonial and large U.S. pennies. OK to use a shovel in crop fields. Dave

great finds, that was a good spot, hope you plan to return, good job and hh

nice job on the coinage! Hope you can get back and give it another "sweeping"

Wow.. congrats on the Large!!. been hunting a long time and have yet to find one.. not many in Oklahoma..lol thanks for sharin!

Thanks for all the posts , guys.