Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Farm field finds with the Explorer...

Jim Vokes NY

I have found over 30 coins in this farm field and the NEWEST one is 1865!

This spring after the plowing, I have started to check it out again and this is the results on the 1st day.

Congrats Jim!!!!!! Very Nice Finds!!!!!! Do you know how to date those flat buttons? Thanks

Mike

Very nice finds Jim! What was the site that you are hunting? That Large Cent looks to be in great shape. Congrats on your finds and hope you find many more.

Hey Jim,
How have you been, looks like the detecting has been good, nice finds, that LC looks to be very clean.

This recent heat wave has been brutal compared to the cool weather we have been seeing up until now, if I remember it was a hot one the day we got together for a hunt at Long PT a few years back.
If you would like to get together sometime for a hunt this season, drop me an email.
I don't seem to get to the forum as often as I use to, but happened to drop in this morning to see some of the weekend finds and saw your posts. I got out yesterday morning and was fortunate to get a few keepers, but quit when it got real hot.

Take care,

HH
John Sawyer

Hi Jim, long time no talk, glad to see some nice little mixture you found in that field. The Obverse of your Large Cent looks fairly good, congrats.

Don in SJ

n/t

http://www.frontiernet.net/~jvokes/farmfielda.htm

I mostly use the XT50 and 70 but have been thinking about getting an exp II, I hear they are great machines....

n/t

This is something i really like about the ex 2 - It is such a great coin shooter sheer potent coin zapping power! So powerful so deep so advanced that it has an ability unlike any other detector ever made (try one and see) to see coins buried deep underground that other detectors simply don't see,Great ability to find coins on any piece of land that has seen population small or large. It misses nothing and its "coin radar" system zaps the coins lying deep underground because the explorer has some highly complex filters, filters that are not found in other machines special filters that will filter coins and rings out from soil that other makes and models would simply walk right over. Its "brain" will select the best frequency for your site and it never gets it wrong! All in ALL As a coin shooter the explorer 2 is given MAXIMUM MARKS 10 out of ten easy. I honestly don't think that any detector made within the next 10 years will ever be as good as the explorer 2. Minelab have produced a classic here for sure, i dont even think minelab will be able to improve on this amazing detector not for a long time.

And just to think that the site will never be truely worked out since every year the ground is turned bringing some finds closer to the surface and sending others deeper. I love these kind of sites myself but the only bad thing about it is that you only have a limited time frame to be able to detect it before the next seasons crops are planted. Non the less though, an awesome site to detect and hope you find some more very nice and very old finds from that tremendous Honey Hole of yours. Good Luck and HH.