Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

False Signal Issue :detecting:

Mike2

Hello Guys and all the best for the New Year

A quick question if I can:

I have found lately when hunting I am getting what could only be described as false signal at the end of each swing, this only occurs at the end of the left swing (I am right handed) I am not swing any faster or slower than

Just a few things I have found to be a problem with falsing:

Dirt or sand under coil cover, being a righty, I see my swing lifting coil up on an angle swing to the left, coil control is needed.

Also I have to put elec. tape on shaft and cable the first 12" or so bringing up coil wire straight with no wraps till I get past the first foot then I wrap it around mid shaft. Any loose coil wire hitting branches or just swinging loosely will cause a false.

Also, I tend to have lesche digger on my left hip and carry shovel in left hand, the coil picks up the shovel if I don't hold it behind my back or on my shoulder....maybe I have change in my left pocket...etc....and don't wear steel toe boots....hahaha....

I run sensitvity higher than you...like 27.....and anything that I carry needs to be far enough away so not to pick it up....like at the beach.....at the beach if I am getting false signals, I see it comes from crown cap area, so I disc. out those and falsing is now nulls, and if still bothering me, I will drop gain down from 8 to 7 or 6 if need be. and if it is still bad I will turn off deep.....but I keep sens. up to 27....

you runnin at 16-18 should not be a problem.....so it has got to be one of the above....or something I have not thought of yet....

Good luck Mike....stay out of the hot sun...:hot:

Low battery on my sov. elite caused those false signals at the end of the swing. I live in NY and one day up here and you would go running fast back down south. Rich

I agree with the digger, I have that problem sometimes . I am 6'2" and I don't have the tall mans shaft so I cant get the coil far enough from my body I have to bend a little and this usually helps, or move my digger more to the back of me.

The rechargeable battery is long and heavy and each time the coil comes to a stop and reverses direction, so does the battery. If there is some play in your battery compartment AND the terminals of your battery are dirty, you could get falsing. This was an issue with me and I think it happened on both swings, but there could have been more falsing one way than the other. I fixed the problem by keeping the battery terminals clean and putting a strip of electrical tape on the battery so it fit snugly into the compartment.

I agree with mattockman... he has most of the solutions. Id say its coil lift, i do it to and it takes control shorter swings helps. Id never thought about the digger but the Explorer does pick up about anything if there isnt ground to read.

I often get a false signal at the end of my swing when the edge of the coil lifts away from the ground. If the coil is kept flat to the ground at the end of the swing it goes away. On mine it doesn't seem to matter if it is the right or the left side. Meaning my digger and such are often on the far side of my body, and cannot be sensed by the machine. Keep er flat.