Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fall is here in the north woods

Royal

Last weekend we kayaked on the South Branch of the Ausable River. It was again in the area called the Mason Tract.

As you can see the colors are starting to appear. I took a bunch of random pictures and thought I would post a few.

I saw a tree that a beaver had been working on. It is long dead but the beaver never finished its job.

Mary pointed out a mushroom on the bank and as the second picture shows, it is a big sucker. I have noticed a bumper crop of mushrooms this year. The bad thing is the fact that I only know of a few that I am sure enough about to eat. I was mowing the lawn yesterday and found some huge Parasol mushrooms and they were part of my dinner. :clap: Very tasty!

I hope the weather will hold so I can make a few more trips on the river before winter. I will be back from visiting Mike and Alice on the first of November and I think I might have a few more chances after that.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. I take my old camera on the river but it does just fine
.[attachment 8205 Octriver.jpg]

[attachment 8204 Octrive1r.jpg]

[attachment 8206 Octriver2.jpg]

[attachment 8207 Octriver4.jpg]

[attachment 8208 Octriver5.jpg]

[attachment 8209 Octriver3.jpg]

we're starting to get some color here finally. Running about two-three weeks late and very dry. Going to get some rain, cause this is my 2 day flea mkt. weekend :lol:

Dvae

The hills are a riot of colour. Like you I only know a few mushrooms. I did get a chanterelle two days ago and the pine mushroom pickers are out in force. Some of those people make $600.00 to $800.00 per day. However, I have no abilities in that area :)

Getting closer and really looking forward to it.

Sunny skies

M

I'm just guessing that there are trout in that stream. Was the mushroom in the picture edible? The only kind I ever ate was the ones that grew in cow pastures....in the 70s!

Thanks for sharing.

Lil Brother:)

a couple weeks ago and I have no idea if the mushroom was eatable but it was impressive!![attachment 8237 trout.jpg]

I was talking to a fisherman, as we passed him and he said that there is a big school of trout that size in a shallow pool we were approaching at the time but we did not see them

simply adore those mother nature outdoor life pictures, so quite--so peacefull floating down the lazy river....good snaps, Royal!