Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fall Hunt Today

nightsout

Hi all,
First I want to say Thank you very much to NH Bob for all his work on today's event.Everything was well set up and it ran like clock work:clapping:.There was a very nice group of guys to meet and put faces with the forum names.My find for the day was 1880 IH I didn't win the raffles or find any of the hidden tokens. I met some great detectorists and had fun anyway.Thanks again to NH Bob
nightsout

Yup, thanks again, Bob. I had a great time.too. It was a lot of fun. And it was neat putting faces to names. Now to try to put names to faces. And Doug finally got his beer. :beers::)

Just got home. Went detecting on the Common with Chris for a little while first. (And briefly got lost on the way back.) I'm tired.

Anyone want to buy a logging chain? :D

* turkey leg bands
(i had 3.2, i think alan had like 5 before i even had 1)
* weirdest object
(i loved the turkey leg band still on the bone, that definitely beats my paint still in a can (now in bob's trash))
* coolest object
* pull tabs
(i only found 2)
* nails
(i think i only dug 3)
* bullets
(i'd have to count but i think 5-6, though i'm not sure yet, if ever, if all of them are bullets)
* oldest coin
(i think you got that one with the 1880 IH)
* oldest object
(i can't begin to guess the age on the older things I found)
* oldest button
* silver
(anyone get any besides Gene(?) (sorry if wrong, i'm bad with names)?)
* biggest iron
(can anyone beat my 4(?) feet of logging chain?
* most golf balls
(i got 5)
* most coins
(i only got the one '44 wheat there (2 more wheats in the common and chris got a fatty, we thought, of some kind)
* traveled furtherest
(The Missourians (what's the slang for that?) or the Cheeseheads (who were the Wisconsin folk?)?)
* traveled least
* anything else i missed that should be here

Did we have more than 3 bells total? I saw two others other than mine.
What was the final button count? I only saw someone with one but heard rumors of more.
What did I miss?

Hey Rich, it was nice to meet you, we talked for a while at the end. I was in the black jeep running a Sovereign GT. I had a blast and enjoyed talking shop with all the others who love this hobby. I have a hard time remembering all the names. I do remember you Rich, I think also Tom who was from NY, the guy from Maine in the Escelade, the other guy with the cool mustache. Jules, RonNH, NHBob, Sillllvar, and all the other friendly faces. Thanks so much to the Guvenor for donating the relic shovel I won. Mr Streeter for his donations, and NHBob for putting the whole thing together. Rich, put me on your friends list and maybe we can get out detecting sometime in the future. We are not that to far away from each other in MA. It was a long drive home, but my girl had some hot home made apple sauce and home made ice cream waiting for me when I got back. If their is anyone else I met but don't remember your name I apologize. Give me a shout in the forum.

Thanks again everyone.

Jason

But I forgot most of the names already! NH Bob, thank you for running this event. It was well worth the trip for me and I had a great time meeting you all. To the names I can remember...Doug(mattockman), Jasonspas(Jason) , Blackx(Rich), AJUpstate,Mike Moutray..and Goldigger..who brought me back down to earth after he told me my 'civil war button' was lost between WW1 and WW2. Im sure I missed a few and I apologize. Thanks again Bob..hope to see you all again soon..Chris

Whats goin on Rich..glad I got to meet you..had fun hitting that common..Bob said it was pounded and he was right, but it was nice to not keep bouncing into the corn stalks for a little while.lol. Anyway hope I get to see you at the next one..Take care Chris

I realized it when I got out to 12. I am very sorry.:surrender:
If it wasn't you, I take back everything I just said:wiggle:

LOL,, I realized it as we were heading North, and you said go South:lol: Not a problem Rich..I was back at the hotel by sunrise. Thanks again for the hunt invitation..wish i could join you for your Monday hunt, but My wife wants me to finish tiling our bathroom..:argue: see you soon Rich and good luck!!

That was Bob that asked that question but I saw you were following me as I started to get lost. At least you turned around quicker than I did. :) (Made sense after I'd turned around and came back and remembered how we'd got there in the morning.)

How did that fatty clean up? I wondered after if maybe it was a flying eagle because it seemed a different size than the fatty I found but after checking coinfacts, it looks like they're about the same size and copper-nickel content.

Didnt get a chance to clean it up yet Rich. Flying Eagle?? That would be a first for me ! Did you get out today? I had a great day tiling a bathroom floor..why would I want to go detecting:lmfao:??

Stopped at the park across from "Fugio Field" on the way home. (Usually go to those one of those two 1-2 times a week.) Got 1880, 1895, and 1907(?) Indianheads, a '14 wheat, and a zinc. Was nice to get out after not hunting Sunday at all (had the kids).

Had it in my backpack, though I don't think I ever took it off until the end of the day--to try to see if my Gatorade was in there.

Next time. (Spring hunt or sooner.)