Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fake Youtube pages?

Royal

I have no idea if this is real and there is nothing on Snopes about it yet but I thought I would pass it on.

Even some sophisticated surfers could get snookered by a sneaky new attack in which criminals create fake YouTube pages - dead-on replicas of the real site - to push their malicious software and make it look like it's safe stuff coming from a trusted source.

A program circulating online helps hackers build those fake pages. Users who follow an email pointing them to one of the pages would see an error message that claims the video they want won't play without installing new software first. That error message includes a link the hacker has provided to a malicious program, which delivers a virus.
http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5i6Qon6SpsMY6jNLrlSwjh-hwU3_g
Fake YouTube pages used to spread viruses
SAN FRANCISCO

anti spyware/malware programs as well as my anti virus, Spybot and Malwarebytes, they grab bad stuff that my anti virus is not equipped to see or deal with.

n/t

downloading files. You can watch videos all day long without downloading anything. This outfit tells you that you need to download a file to properly watch them and that is where the trouble starts.

Guys like me get in trouble because we download stuff and that is ok. I back up all my important stuff, pictures and videos, information I want to keep and if I have problems, which I have had a half dozen times or so, I just do a format and it cleans everything. It is not hard but just time consuming so usually wait for lousy weather