Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fairhaven Shipyard... Fairhaven Mass.

Ron J

Friday,the last day of a too short,weeks vacation,i went snooping around New Bedford,the largest Whaling Port in her time,and Fairhaven Mass.,which is across the Harbor. First i'll show some pics of the Fairhaven Shipyard.[attachment 55219 newbedford076.jpg] The place is gated,but i could see quite a few vessels,one being the tug,you may have viewed earlier.An older Gentleman let me and my buddy in,when we asked if we could take some pics! Well i think i made good use of the couple hours,we spent snooping in there.There were so many candidates for pics,did'nt know where to start!!The boating season hasn't really started up here yet,its still a bit early to splash,but this place was hopping! I'll start by showing you a brand new fishing vessel,being built under a huge tent. She is steel,so you can see in the pics,there is alot of welding to be down. I don't think i could spend day after day,welding this vessel together out of sheet steel.[attachment 55220 newbedford084.jpg][attachment 55221 newbedford086.jpg][attachment 55222 newbedford087.jpg][attachment 55223 newbedford088.jpg][attachment 55224 newbedford089.jpg]

there is no sun in the ocean. Damn you dumb.:wave:

But it sure makes you appreciate the work that goes into one of them things. That's gonna be a big boy !! Nice pics Ron ! I hope you had a great time away from the dealership........four and a half years and counting for me.....I hope !:beers: