Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75LTD2 DST Dilemma?

Ok. I have a brand new F75DST model I purchased direct from NASA Tom. He had certified and tested it. At the time I purchased it I also had a T2SE2 upgraded to DST model with 3 year warranty. I also have a White's MXT Pro with lots of really good coils. Now here is the dilemma - the F75DST and T2DST are too close to being the same unit. I like a few things about F75 better - but also like some things about T2 better. But they are minor compared to the major issues of detector performance. My guess is that in most situations both the T2 and F75 will find the exact same targets even down to sounding exactly the same when the find it. So one of them needs to go. I have even considered trading for a Makro Racer. My main hunting ground is a very large old lake front park with an enormous amount of trash.

I can get more for F75 but T2 had about 32 months of warranty that is fully transferable. So what should I sell. - T2 and keep F75 - or Sell F75 and Keep T2 - of sell both and get a Racer - or ???

Would appreciate some opinions.

F75 was designed as a coin detector. T2 was a relic detector. F75 has backlight for dark days or night hunting in the evenings. F75 the coin range has more notch number capability spread out but the lower end Iron range is compressed hence the 15 factory setting. The T2 is the exact opposite so the coin range is compressed for settings but has like a 40 range finer for the iron. BUT if your hunting the area you say your are I personally would sell the T2 since your going to be finding more coins and jewelry than relics so the finer discrimination range of the F75 and the backlight and the new FA mode for trash and such would I feel the way to go.

Nice rigs all! For hunting that kind of place, Lakefront park with heavy trash....

I'd sell all three and get an F70 (w 11"dd and possibly a 5"dd) and an AtPro...they both use the same batteries, AA's, ...the good thing is when the Pro says its 'done' with them, you pop them into your F70 and get another 15hrs of hunting out of those same 'dead' batteries!...they make a good team..you will come out way ahead with money left over for high buck phones and whatnot ...
Mud

Well, I am not an expert on the F75 by any stretch of imagination but I bought it to hunt trash infested places and it does a pretty good job at that with the small 5" coil. My primary machine is the CTX, 6" coil, and it does exceptionally well in trashy area but my brain says it just doesn't get very deep in those areas. Therefore I bought the F75. It does seem to get deeper and is light years faster on targets. The CTX is outstanding on target ID at depth where with the F75, I struggle a bit on target ID. If they are essentially the same, the T2 and F75, I would suggest a 'different' machine to give you different capabilities. Maybe an E-trac. My thought is to use certain machines for certain types of hunting.

True you can fine tune coins more on F75 and Iron more on T2. Both have the FA mode. I do not use notch and only discriminate iron. I hunt by sound and check the VID only when I have found something. So for me not much difference. Again performance wise I rate them as almost the same. Thus the Dilemma!

EtracTom-AdirondacksNY said:
F75 was designed as a coin detector. T2 was a relic detector. F75 has backlight for dark days or night hunting in the evenings. F75 the coin range has more notch number capability spread out but the lower end Iron range is compressed hence the 15 factory setting. The T2 is the exact opposite so the coin range is compressed for settings but has like a 40 range finer for the iron. BUT if your hunting the area you say your are I personally would sell the T2 since your going to be finding more coins and jewelry than relics so the finer discrimination range of the F75 and the backlight and the new FA mode for trash and such would I feel the way to go.

Interesting suggestion. T2 and F75 use AA batts also as does my MXT but it takes 8. The F70' is pretty much a toned down F75. The ATPro does get good marks and you can get it wet. So what does the F70 do that the ATPro does not and visa versa for ATPro.

mudpuppy said:
Nice rigs all! For hunting that kind of place, Lakefront park with heavy trash....

I'd sell all three and get an F70 (w 11"dd and possibly a 5"dd) and an AtPro...they both use the same batteries, AA's, ...the good thing is when the Pro says its 'done' with them, you pop them into your F70 and get another 15hrs of hunting out of those same 'dead' batteries!...they make a good team..you will come out way ahead with money left over for high buck phones and whatnot ...
Mud

I have owned a Safari and Sov GT in past. They both nulled a lot in iron but when you hit silver or a high conductor boy do they sing a sweet song. Really like Minelabs tones. Just spoke to me better then any other detector I have used

jas415 said:
Well, I am not an expert on the F75 by any stretch of imagination but I bought it to hunt trash infested places and it does a pretty good job at that with the small 5" coil. My primary machine is the CTX, 6" coil, and it does exceptionally well in trashy area but my brain says it just doesn't get very deep in those areas. Therefore I bought the F75. It does seem to get deeper and is light years faster on targets. The CTX is outstanding on target ID at depth where with the F75, I struggle a bit on target ID. If they are essentially the same, the T2 and F75, I would suggest a 'different' machine to give you different capabilities. Maybe an E-trac. My thought is to use certain machines for certain types of hunting.

thats a tough decision i have a dst f75 and had a t2se a few years ago the only thing i liked better on the t2 was the larger iron range, in my area deeper nickels and other low conuctors will sometimes read as iron and where easier to identify with the t2. that being said my vote goes for the dst f75 with more tone and mode options and backlit display and retains your last settings, and i think your right i think the t2 will find anything the f75 will find both being about equal in depth, good luck hh

The t2 is a nice machine same platform. As 75. But for the area you describe. The 75. The racer????? In 3 tone coin mode not deep. It's for sure classified a relic unit 2 tone mode. At pro is an interesting unit. Will work in the situation you describe and it's waterproof. You could go into the Lake and find the gold!!! You could easily sell the t2 and have plenty to cover an at pro. This is just my opinion. A rain hunting water hunting all terrain machine and a Tom 75. Seems like a good combo to me. HH c t

Thats what I was thinking about primarily hunting that area...

In all that trash theres shallow jewelry somewhere, maybe a few old silver coins, for sure lots of clad...so a person doesnt really 'need' the Tom75 to pull some great stuff...you hunt by tones as do I. The 70 has them aplenty and is my go to quick broom for this kind of place...I hunt in Delta Pitch everywhere, but it really shines in a park like you have for me...Then the Pro for wet days or wading in the water..Some users also employ the Pro very successfully on the dirt, I have not tried to yet, I use my 70 for all dirt work and the Pro gets the wet work...

A Tom75 will bring top dollar..as will your upgraded T2...the Whites package as well....I guess is boils down to YOUR targets of intent, and hunting style preference. Mine are jewelry and clad and any silver coins that happen along are just bycatch, and I hunt really fast and shallow...like you said, the ML seems to be a great rig to run in here if you are after deep masked silver, its slow....You are doing it right by thinking and asking to narrow down the window of all the decisions.....might be overpowering the site with all that strong gear...by dropping back a little to the aforementioned rigs it will open up....Unless you are happy with what you are pulling out of there now with what you have..are you?
Mud

Question Mud puppy is the F75 delta pitch the same as F75. I have tried that but seems like accustic overload especially when you through in iron lots of squealing. I use 3 an 4 Tone mostly three bad - good - best Seems easier then every tid being different tone. But then again maybe I am not using the DP tone right.

mudpuppy said:
Thats what I was thinking about primarily hunting that area...

In all that trash theres shallow jewelry somewhere, maybe a few old silver coins, for sure lots of clad...so a person doesnt really 'need' the Tom75 to pull some great stuff...you hunt by tones as do I. The 70 has them aplenty and is my go to quick broom for this kind of place...I hunt in Delta Pitch everywhere, but it really shines in a park like you have for me...Then the Pro for wet days or wading in the water..Some users also employ the Pro very successfully on the dirt, I have not tried to yet, I use my 70 for all dirt work and the Pro gets the wet work...

A Tom75 will bring top dollar..as will your upgraded T2...the Whites package as well....I guess is boils down to YOUR targets of intent, and hunting style preference. Mine are jewelry and clad and any silver coins that happen along are just bycatch, and I hunt really fast and shallow...like you said, the ML seems to be a great rig to run in here if you are after deep masked silver, its slow....You are doing it right by thinking and asking to narrow down the window of all the decisions.....might be overpowering the site with all that strong gear...by dropping back a little to the aforementioned rigs it will open up....Unless you are happy with what you are pulling out of there now with what you have..are you?
Mud

I am not sure, but I would suppose the DP on the 70 and the 75 work the same way...I hunt in the complete darkness by audio...so I appreciate Fishers design on both the Delta Pitch and modulated audio aspect of this gear..a person knows immediately by the 'ping' if its a Q or D or tab or nickel or whatever..never have to look at the screen at all...the Pro has what, 4 tones? A D and a Q sound the same, as do a tab and a nickel...I would prefer more like the 70 has, so I can tell shape and depth and configuration a bit better, but for water hunting where I use it its working out alright..:thumbup: With the Pro used as a water hunter or beach rig, a person has to dig it all, not with the 70 though, a person can pick right through the trash on land and do right well with it...have you found any really deep silver in this park? Is that your intent? Just trying to help and learning a lot from this great topic!:thumbup:
Mud

When I first got the F75ltd I had a T2 (original) and decided to keep the f75 and sell the T2. Very similar in performance but the F75 is slightly deeper and the fact that the tones are seperate from the processes, is what made me make up my mind.
HH
John

Turn them into an Xterra 705 and Racer. Racer is like a F75 and ATP hybrid. 705 gives you the lovely tones but lighter and faster recovery. I'd get it with 10.5 mf coil.

I have the E-trac and F75ltd2. I have found what the E-trac ont find the F75ltd2 does. I hunted a pounded out site with my E-trac and only found a wheat. However, the F75LTD2 found a Pocket knife, thimble and a Model T key. I was the one who pounded this site last year over 10 times with the V3i. I used every coil 5.3, 950, 10x12 sef, 8x6sef. stock coil and 4x6dd. So I believe the F75 is a relic machine Indian head finder. and the E-trac is the silver magnet.

Thanks for all the input - I traded the F75 for a new Racer Pro pack. The F75s are selling soft these days. So I was OK with the deal. So now I can compare. I think for really deep stuff the T2 with 11 inch in BP mode will rule and for Trashy sites the Racer and 5 inch will rule. But will see. I liked the F75 but for me the ability to change tones and process by just rolling the knob on T2 was what sold me I did this a lot and it took a lot more steps to do on F75 then T2. I think if F75 had not required a push of the button everytime you wanted to change something - even on the same setting - I would of kept the F75 - may seem like small issue but I was used to T2 and I kept being annoyed by the difference.

the t2 is a great detector i really liked mine found more gold rings with it than any of my other machines, let us know how the racer does compaired to the t2 hh