Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

f75ltd small coil permanent

petew

Well,I almost gave up every time I used this detector until tonight.I've never been a fan of small coils and every detector I purchased I never even put the small coil on.Tonight I had it with this f75, and out of frustration I put the 5 inch hockey puck on.All I can say is WOW.no more jumpy numbers,no more noise at high sens, it's a dream to run.And Depth,I dug some clad that was deep,and hit hard.This 5 inch coil turned this machine into a animal and that big coil should be taken out back and shot.Seems like every yard I hunt from 1800s homes to 1950s schools are so trashy,that's been my problem.I'm glad I put that small coil on,changed the whole game.

I am just the opposite I a big fan of the small coils, and for my F75 the little 6.5" elliptical is my favorite. Depth wise it is running neck and neck with the 5" DD coil, but the elliptical is only 3 1/4" wide. I have found 2 silver half dollars, one silver quarter and 2 silver dimes this year all were with the 6.5" elliptical. I found 2 other silver dimes this year one was with the 1270 and a little 3 3/4" coil and the other was with 11"DD coil on the F75.

So maybe we have a new small coil fan out there.

Ron in WV

Definitely a new small coil fan here.I'm gonna look up that little elliptical coil your talking about,might had to ad that one.I can say that that little coil was the ice breaker on this machine.I saw your post wv62 about sending yours in for the upgrade,let us know how that works out,and thanks for all your help as well as everyone else who helped me.

I just love the 5" coil and used it all summer.
Now that I have the upgrade I tried the 11" last time out and it worked great. So maybe I will give it another chance.
I was doing some home testing with square nails and quarters.
Nail reads 7 and quarter reads 83 went alone
try them 4" apart and then side by side with each coil.
Which coil works better on tones and which works better on ID for each situation? What does this tell you about iron masking?

That 6 1/2 coil is great. I have been using it lately on my F75-LTD . I use Bp mode , disc @ 13 and sens @ 85 w/3 tone in trash spots and decide to dig from there. Seems to work for me. GS

I've been looking at that 5x10 coil,but this 5 inch seems nice for now,might not get any better.I really do like it

Hmmm..good topic..I've not yet used any coil other than the 11" dd...so I may not know what I'm talking about..which is generally the case..:lmfao:.

It seems electronically feasible for a mfg. to construct a "coil within a coil" so that a guy throws a switch, and the 'big' coil then becomes a sniper coil? You know, the hot outside loop is disabled, and the small inside loop is enabled?...just thinking here is all....a fellow could flip back and forth using a switch instead of another coil?...I'm sure this concept has to have been thought about or tried...:shrug: Anybody?

I like a big coil to find the zone, but it would sure be slick to simply pop a switch, and work heavy trash or edges without changing a coil?:shrug:
Mud

Sounds like a winner,better get a patent before someone steals your ideas. I know people put no faith in air test but I had to try,with this 5 inch dd. Bp mode at 50 sense,9 inches repeatable and something I'd dig.now,I always take off 30 percent in air test,so it's at 6 inches solid at 50 sensitivity. Pretty good in ny opinion.

But then the larger disabled outer footprint doesn't allow you to get closer to stuff.