Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70

wvdan52

Thinking of buying a Fisher 11" DD Search Coil for my F70........could someone please tell me what the benefits would be with the larger coil?

wvdan52

More coverage and in my soil, I get more depth. I rarely use the stock coil anymore

My F5 has the 10" coil and I purchased the 11" DD. The differences for me are few but don't expect a big change in depth. It will cover a little more area per swing. I also bought the 5" DD which, to me, was the better investment, especially in trashy areas. I keep the stock coil on my F5 unless I'm in a trashy area.

I have the 6.5", 10", and the 11" coils. I use the 11" on the beach and the 6.5" in parks and schools. The standard coil for the F70 is not used very much, as a matter of fact I have it in the detector box in the closet. I carry the 6.5" and 11" coils in the car with the detector. One thing about the 11" coil it does take time to learn to pin point with it. I dig much deeper targets with the 11" coil on the beaches.
Thanks for reading and Happy Trails......Z

I really liked the 11" DD on my F70. It allowed much more sensitivity before falsing, giving me an extra inch or two of depth, but also was far better in trash, and less noisy then the stock concentric coil. Our ground tends to be fairly mineralized in California, so the F75 DD is a good fit for handling our soil. The 5" DD is also a great coil, very good depth for it's size and killer in trash.

hh,
Brian

Thanks for the responses.......sorry didn't get back sooner have been and still am down with the flu. :stretcher:

wvdan52