Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F-75 notch settings.

Not in the manual is that you HAVE to turn the dail at least one number to be able to notch in or out by pressing the menu button.

It works in conjunction with the DISC setting, if you have disc set at 20 and you notch number one (zone 1-7) you have notched IN iron.
To reverse it turn the dail to number 2 (still the same target zone 1-7) and press menu.

Hope that helps,

Andy

Thanks, Andy, I'm working on that, I've used Tesoro for the last 10 years or so. The F-75 is whole different ballgame. Alot to learn, but I'm learning slowly but surely, and lovin every minute of it! Thanks, Rick.

My first read on NOTCH is we can set the notch ABOVE, BELOW, OR TO SPAN, the discrimination setting. There are three examples of these settings at the bottom of page 16 of the Users Manual as you know.

A consideration is also that for each category the notch width is for half of the category such as 1-7, 8-15 that is also explained on page 16. When I use notch in trash as an example I might set the level of discrimination to eliminate pulltabs then go back and notch in the range to include most nickels. I could set the discrimination lower and then go forward with the notch to NOTCH OUT most pulltabs.

Notice there are 5 target types divided into two groups per target type. Iron therefore is divided into low conductivity 1-7 and high conductivity 8-15 in relationship to the overall conductivity of Iron so the notch is

It seems tesoro is in a sleeping mode right now and they still rest on their success from the 80's and 90's. The old style with the outside controls (which can accidently turn and cut down performance) and lack of a good metered unit cost they sales every day. Did you every wonder :" is my batterie down or not" ? Sure they have the abterie check when turned on but with a vaquero in the field you may not notice your battery is dead for a while. Next is the " Pulltab (newer style) or nickel question if you hunt for coins. Even "thumbing the disc" doesn't help much because these targets are too close together in the disc range. 9 volt batteries...not the future ! 4 AAs is the way to go because you don't want to spent your hard detected money for batteries. A charger with 4 AA NIMH can be bought for 10 $. I use a smart charger that charges 4 AAs in 90 minutes and keeps them cool. Has a discharge feature too. Check it out:
http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=508

If you use the new rayovac HYBRID NIMH's they don't self-discharge fast anymore. The self-discharge only to 85 % in six month. Buy them at walmart (they have them).

Andy,NM

Yeah, its a big change from Tesoro to the F-75. I'm going to make a test garden to practice on. bury a few coins and a few buttons mixed in with some nails.

Thanks for the info Cody. I'm learning more and more about my F75. I'm going to copy all the info you guys are giving on the forum and make my own users guide. With that and my test garden I should be good to go. Thanks, Rick.