Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

f 75 Ltd inline probe question

petew

To anyone who uses one,is there any great advantage of getting one over the garret pin pointer I already have?

It runs the same settings as the unit. It also will trigger the display just like the coil. You can run the same degree of discrimination as you are running on the detector. You can narrow down the pinpoint with the button to detune like you can the coil. I use both but I enjoy the inline. You also can't lay the probe down and walk away from it like you can the Garrett.

Don
HH

petew said:
To anyone who uses one,is there any great advantage of getting one over the garret pin pointer I already have?

Before I sent my F75SE for the upgrade, I took to my test garden and checked several of the targets with the FX-1...
I was stunned to detect a 5" Wheatie while in BP mode and sens at 90...

I have a garret pin pointer that I use while hunting with the E-Trac and sure miss having the sounds in the head-phones while using it...

Robert

Hi All

I was thinking of purchasing the FX-1 For my F-75SE. I don't see many reviews on this inline probe. Anyone have any pros or cons using this probe? Thanks

The probe is basically a 1 inch coil with all the same tones, disc, and sen as the main coil that you are using and you are hearing everything through your headphones. It is also twice as deep as the Propointer. If SunRay could make an inline for the 3030 and Deus I would buy one for them also. I have one on my CZ70 Pro, my F75 LTD, my plan F75 that I sold, and my Explorer SE Pro. I would not hesitate adding one to an F75 for sure.

PryorCreekJoe

When detecting we get into a rhythm, a repeated pattern or movement. When I tried the inline probe, I was having to take extra or different steps/movements to use it verses the hand held....that threw me off the rhythm that I had going on for years. For me, it took longer to retrieve a target because of that change. As far as the ability of the inline, it worked great. For me it's easier and faster with the handheld.

Does the inline probe cause any emi problems? I would imagine it takes time getting used to switching back and forth but won't leave my pin pointer on the ground. I was hunting a park 2 weeks ago and ended up looking for my Propointer.