Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F 5 settings

chef50

The Snow Gods have moved on here in southern Tennessee, time to hunt!!!...Still feeling out my new F 5....it's a really good machine for the price....sure beats some of the high end ones out there....would it be indecent of me to ask if any fellow F 5'ers have any favorite setting?...sort of an all round setting....or a relic setting.....anyone in middle south Tennessee wanting to go dig up some rust deposits...drop me a line....I'm between Tullahoma and Winchester....Thanks in advance, Steve in Tenn.

Hi Steve,

Karl (also his forum username) is a member here at Findmall. He posts in the Bounty Hunter forum and has started a detector group specifically for fellow Tennessee detectorists. His web link is:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Tennessee_Metal_Detecting/

Or look him up here at Find's. His web link is attached to his name.

Good Luck with the new F5. They are excellent machines.

Thanks for the heads up....have signed on with his group...Always more fun diggin with someone and safer....Happy mud-flippin all!!!!

New here but I have over a year on mine. Usually this is how I roll, ground balance, threshold as high as I can without too much chatter, as much gain as possible without it going crazy, discrimination on but no higher than the minimum, 4 tone and go. I don't like discriminating or notching because you'll get items that bounce around and I'd rather hear it bouncing than getting an erratic signal.

Hey Brew, thanks for the info...the F5 is a really good machine, just gotta learn how to detect all over again, just like with any other machine...You sound right on with the settings and i hope to try them Sunday. I'll post a note so you can see all the gold bars I JUST KNOW I'll be finding.......Happy Diggin...Steve in Estill Springs.Tn.

Glad to hear that about the F5 , cant wait to get mine . I will Definitely try those settings out myself . From everything i have heard , it is pretty straight forward . only a bit more technical than a basic turn on and go unit . Hope it gets here in the morning , will have to call the local PO , they may not deliver it to the house , may be too large .

Donnie

Make sure to watch the Bill Ladd video at youtube where he shows you att the controls for the F5....well worth the time, Steve in Estill Springs, Tn.

Yeah thats a pretty good video, the only thing I noticed is that he didn't mention to do a sweep to make sure there wasn't anything in the ground under the coil when ground balancing.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qae9rU5i_9o[/video]

Not as good but I did this video a while back which will give you an idea of what different coins will sound like under 4 tone.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsWmcH1QlrA[/video]