Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F-2 shuts off when it hits a target.....

pennystock

when i turn on the F-2 its ok until it hits its first target and then it shuts itself down,,,,,,,,,,any ideas before i call fisher?

Keep us posted what you find out! My son's started doing the same thing,it will also do it when you hit any button?It seem's to work fine with fresh batterys but after a few hours of hunt time on them don't try to use it becouse it just shut's off when you run over any target??Good luck--Kurt

This sounds like weak batteries. I would think that the batteries could be to blame. Are you using fresh, name brand batteries? Do the batteries have a 'use by date' on the package? Do you have a battery tester? If not, then I recommend purchasing one If so, test the batteries b4 use and test the batteries in the detector. I gave up on using the cheap batteries from the 'Dollar store'. They are sometimes close to or even have expired dates on them. Always keep a supply of fresh batteries on your person while detecting in the field. Keep us informed. JMHO!!!

Nope not a battery problem,I have put (tested) new premium battery's in and run for 30 minutes--shut it off--come back an hour later and it would shut off every time something passed by the coil?It seems even if there is a very small drain on the battery's it does this.I know I'm not going to put brand new battery's in every time he turn's this thing off!They should go at least 30 hrs or more :shrug:

im going to call fisher today..........just a little bit of history on this detector, i was using the 8" coil and all was fine.....then i put on the new 4" coil and it would not shut off on its own and the display was going haywire.........i called fisher and sent it in with just the unit, and they sent it back and said they fixed it and it was a bad transitor burnt on the circuit board.....i put the small coil back on it and tried it again and within 5 minutes it did it again........i sent it back with the small coil and they said it was a bad small coil causing this....they replaced the coil and put a new circuit board in it and it has worked fine for the past year until last week when i tried it......ill try batteries but the battery indicator shows full charge........until i swing it and it goes beep and shuts off!

it will work if the battery is in backwards, I am sure you have checked this but make sure they are in right. I did it once myself and got similar results.

My F4 did this on low targets when the batteries were about shot. The battery meter on the Fisher units are a little off. My F75 would say half battery charge and start acting up like a battery problem. Half means nearly dead :)

I had the same problem. It was a battery problem, and even though they were new there was a difference in voltage between them. they have to match each other in voltage! When I replaced them with 2 rechargeable ones it worked and still does every time...

This problem has just happened to my F70 it happen twice in 1 session it really worring because you spend the rest of the time wondering if your detector s working. The batterrys were new and high quality im gonna check them with my friend battery tester. My detector is only 4 months old but i cant use the guarantee because i opened it up to put a homemade backlight to use at night. I hope its only the batterys and not the resistors in the other posts.

happy hunting tp you all

ok, i went to turn it on and check it out one last time before shipping it off, and it worked in my house.....................never shut off on me while picking up nails and other metal.........go figure......