Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Extended battery pack for equinox!

Mark kus

Saw this online pretty slick! Attaches to the recharge connection..
By RNB

Interesting, if they mounted it further back it would be a counter weight{are you watching Steve}.
Thanks for sharing Mark .
HH Jeff

If you have a small mounting clip, the small cylindrical power banks would be of use too, just connect it with your charging cable. However....with how long the battery lasts in the first place, I’m just not sure who will be hunting that long. Maybe someone...

IDXMonster said:
If you have a small mounting clip, the small cylindrical power banks would be of use too, just connect it with your charging cable. However....with how long the battery lasts in the first place, I’m just not sure who will be hunting that long. Maybe someone...
Just longer run times without having to charge up again.

Mkus said:
IDXMonster said:
Mark and Kevin....If I would hunt that long at one tome,it would be time for me and the detector to recharge! lol! HH Ted

Ted S said:
Mkus said:
IDXMonster said:
Mark and Kevin....If I would hunt that long at one tome,it would be time for me and the detector to recharge! lol! HH Ted
:beers: recharge indeed! A multi hunt day where you hike in or forget to plug in are few cases I can think of. Unlike a competitor where detectorist have to recharge their coils at lunch time :poke:
HH Jeff

laplander said:
Ted S said:
Mkus said:
IDXMonster said:
:beers: recharge indeed! A multi hunt day where you hike in or forget to plug in are few cases I can think of. Unlike a competitor where detectorist have to recharge their coils at lunch time :poke:
HH Jeff
Yep good one Jeff!

Well looks like this one isn't for sale yet. What have other users been using unto this point?

It seems that that power pack is just a charger that can be used to charge the internal battery of the Equinox. The only way such a charger can be used while detecting is by having it connected to the Equinox's control box's charging port via the Equinox USB cable, plus the coil cable attached to the control box. There are several power packs at Amazon that are narrow enough to fit under the Equinox arm cuff. Some of these power packs have a capacity of 2800mAh, and have 2 USB ports, one for fast charging and another for 1.5 charging. On the Equinox one would have to use the fast-charging USB port.

But keep in mind that one can't use a power pack attached to the Equinox if water detecting. Some Li-Ion batterie can be dangerous when immersed in water :)

laplander said:
Ted S said:
Mkus said:
IDXMonster said:
HH Jeff

:clapping: It does look in the photo like that battery pack is charging the coil.

I wish minelab had slipped another battery inside the detector when they designed it to maybe double the run time. Personally i think the 12 hour runtime is a little low.