Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer XS

Kenny Ray

I have been using an Explorer XS since 2000.It recently started to not stay on and sometimes just stay on the main screen and none of the buttons but the power button would work.I sent it off to get it repaired and should hear something in the next few weeks.I've been thinking about getting a new SE Pro.How much difference is there to operating the two machines.Does the SE Pro work with the same settings I've been using for the last 10 years with the Explorer XS?Thanks for info,Kenny Ray

Hello Kenny i used a explorer xs with both the 1050 coil and the 10x12 butterfly sef coil and gotta say it was a really deep and excellent detector and the only problum i had was the cam locks would slip. But im getting the explorer se this spring and from what i hear and read it is a little fast and newer inerds. But with any minelab in hand you have the advantage over other brands in finding the good stuff in the ground.

I hunt with people that still use the XS and even bought a couple more just because ML may not be repairing them much longer. It is faster and the Pro coil is really a big step forward. Those XS are still very good machine that can hold their own. You might just need an up grade of the coil. There are a few more bells on the SE. Just curious .... you arent Kenny Ray out of Seymour IN are you?

Dew

I have a 8",10", and 12" coils for my Explorer XS.Will they fit the new Explorer SE Pro?Also will the 3 bottom rods I have with the coils fit the SE Pro?

Yes all the coils and lower rods are the same and will work on all explorer and safari/ e-tracs. The only real difference on the lower rods is possible the color? Not sure if the XS lower rods were also black.