Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer XS troubles! Has this happened to anyone else?

buckrod

I have been getting frustrated with my XS lately, has anyone had their machine just turn off on its own before? At first I thought it may be the battery but I switched batteries and it did the same thing. When I try to turn it back on, it tells me to reset. So then I have to press the power button for the required time to reset the machine. Then I can select my saved pattern or reset my settings. The battery guage showed about 1/3 of the battery life left on both batteries. The happened to me 6 times in a matter of two days. Do I need to send it in for testing? I like the machine and how it operated otherwise. Any help would sure be appreciated.
HH to all and to all a great find.

Thanks Tinfoil, but I have tried that. My rechargables were still half charged when this happened. I put in my alkines and those showed about 1/3 full. After doing the preset like you mentioned above, the machine shut down again. Then I put in new alkines and it stayed on. The machine used to give me a signal when the batteries needed to be changed. How do I drain the nickel hyd. batteries?

You may have a bad battery in your pack as i seen this happen to one of the guys here and I even tried using it and seen it was fine, then shut down just like that. He tried my battery pack and it worked fine, so we knew it was a bad pack. The gauge on his showed about a third too a half, then drop and shut off.
It could also be a bad charger too and not fully charging the battery and giving you this problem and by switching to the alkaline pack with new batteries and getting rid of the problem make me say you have a bad charger or a bad battery in your pack.

If you come to the next meeting or want to send me your battery I can discharge and charge it a few time on my Sun Ray charger I have and recycle it, may be OK after that.

Rick

Buckrod,

This happened to me also. Try turning your XS on, then after it starts up pull the battery out of it while it's still running. This solved my problem, but I think I lost all my saved programs.