Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer XS technical

tasman2013

Hi guys,
I had a problem with my back up machine the other day. seems it booted up fine and I began toadjust the settings fpr Iron mask and it went dead... now it won't boot up at all
anyone have ths happen? or know of any way to reset the machine short of sending it in for repairs?
Thanks tasman2013

Souds like a Battery problem.

Once it powers on hold the Power button for a few seconds this will do a master reset.

The "Search" feature at the top is a great tool for newcomers to Findmall. BTW Welcome.
You might look at this thread.
Problems

This will probably get moved to the classroom fwiw.

What they said, plus make sure your battery contact points are clean, inlcluding the ones inside the machine. You can clean those with alcohol. Mine wouldn't boot up the other day after sitting for a long while so I recharged the batteries and put new batteries in the non chargeable 12v battery pack, and cleaned as noted... nes

Factory RE_BOOT

1) To re-boot turn your detector on and set to factory pre-sets. 2) turn off the detector 3) unhook your battery so you can pull it out quickly... it is still touching contacts but would fall out if you pointed compartment down. 4) Turn detector on and hold ON button down as if you are going to factory pre-sets..... when it starts to play its song...immediatly pull the battery out! 5) It is re-booted! 6) If you want to be sure thing you did not pull it out before the song ended...do it 1 or 2 more times to make sure!!! John

This may not be the problem... I had the same problems with my XS 2001. It's getting old I guess. I turn the power down a bit and it's like a happy old dog. Some say clean off the battery contacts inside the unit by taking the handle apart and use a pencil eraser to clean contacts even if they look clean. I have my all bondoed water tight and this is an impossibility for me. I ckecked my connections on my circuit boars..there are 2 of them and looked it over with a magnifying glass to see if I could see anything that looked wrong...All looked ok. Make sure your coil connection to the housing is very tight also! Do not leave in the trunk if if gets hot out side. 90 degrees outside is 120 degrees in the trunk and can ruin you circuit boards!!! Do not lift your coil above 45 degrees if there is water on your coil from wet grass etc....water willrun down and into the housing.... possibly causing the damage which I may have down with all the water hunting I have done.