Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

explorer xs pinpointing

Terry

I have a question about the explorer xs pin pointing mode. When I switch to pin point mode I have no problems pinpointing, but I always have to switch to the detecting mode right after or the detector starts making terrible noises after a few seconds of none motion. I'm used to the soveregn that I leave in the pin point mode to verify if my targer is still in the plug. I guess my question is, Is there a way to stay in the pin point mode to accompolish this, or should I purchase a pin pointing tool?

It's just the nature of the beast, it starts raising hell if it is left in pinpoint. What I do is use the pinpoint and then switch back to detect, then if I want to recheck I push the pinpoint button again.

Thanks Steve, I was kinda hoping that there was nothing wrong with my machine but didn't I want to say it.

I feel Steve answered your question. For your info pinpointing tools that you mention vary from and inch to several inches and is used to check the dirt piles or perhaps the sides of the hole, wouldn't do much good on a 8 inch coin..Acc.. pinpoint tools are used by many to save time and above all not scratch a good coin...