Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer XS Display

A

Anonymous

I have a hard time seeing the display on the
screen on a brite or sunny day, I have adjusted
the contrast and no luck..I tried Poloroid
sunglasses and have even covered the display
with red plastic.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks Jim

Hi Jim, On real sunny days I usually try to face the sun when I detect. That keeps the sun from reflecting directly onto the screen. It can be a problem and as far as I know there is no real cure for it. Hope this helps. HH'ing-Coinshooter65

Hey Jim,
I bought a five pack of palmpilot screen protectors from office depot, and they fit over the display like they were made for it. The plastic has a frosted texture, which takes the glare out of it. Cured my problem, however the pack of five was around twenty bucks. If it works I guess it's worth it.
Mark in VA

I'll have to try that out. I also want to add that I assume Jim adjusted the screen's contrast all the way up to 10.... this adjustment is on the DISPLAY option in the main menu. Take care, Mike.

hi jim do you live in de if so where i am in townsend let me know maybe we can get together
tks gurnie

Noble Hudson told me he thought they'd fit but I couldn't come up with any searching on the Internet...
Good hunting... Guvner..

Thanks Mark..
For the Tip..I am going to check it out today..
As my mother used to say you will never know till you ask..And Mike thanks for the screens, I have
been using them since you put them on several months ago..
Jim in Delaware

Here is a link Guv.
http://www.lifelinetechnology.com/shoplifeline/writscreenpr.html
Bjorn

Just want to make sure... Fellow St. Louisans... Who wants to go in on the pack of 12 for $28.00?
Good hunting... Guvner..

Guvner,
I just order a pack of them and there is a $8 shipping charge on them too for a $36 total. I think all my customer will want one if they work as good as they say.
Rick