Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer XS Close to Death...need help

Tim in WA

I posted a while back about this problem...now I'm very concerned. The detector keeps going back to factory settings and is unusable. I believe that the connection from the springs to the detector's brain are toast. I called Minelab and they no longer support this detector so I need some advice. First of all, is there anyone out there that can work on these detectors that someone can point me to? I would prefer to send it to someone that has some expertise instead of breaking into it myself. If not, can someone give me some guidance on how I can fix it on my own? I've tried to spray "DeoxIT" down the battery shaft to cut down on the corrosion but its not helping.

Regards,

Tim

Tim, a few questions. What makes it unusable? Is it shutting off intermittently? Does the unit power up? If so how long does it stay on? Does pushing in on the battery make any difference? Can you see corrosion on the battery contacts? I've recently started doing mods and repairs. If it's a solder joint that's weak it shouldn't be a big deal. If the battery contacts need to be replaced that should be do-able. I would think any good electronics guy would be able to handle it. I'm in lower Delaware, looks like your in Washington state. To bad your not closer. Last resort you can ship it here and i'd be happy to attempt a repair. Joe.

Thanks Joe for all your help. You're a real credit to this forum. My Explorer has had a good life and earned its keep...now its time to put it in the ground. Luckily my father in law has one that he has never used so I just bought his. Hopefully many more years left of using this machine.

Thanks again Joe!!

Regards,

Tim

Your welcome Tim. Sorry I couldn't revive it. Glad you got a detector. Good luck this season, Joe.

Check the classifieds of this forum stasys is looking for a non-working Explorer. If you don't mind shipping it to another country .