Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer variations...

mattw

Ok, so I am considering picking up an Explorer and I see many variations. What are the pros and cons of the units, the SE, XS, 2 and maybe I missed some. I am thinking late model used SE. Mainly midwestern silver coin shooter.

Thanks Matt

fairly heavy:rolleyes:

If you get an SE...get rid of the slimline coil..and go for either an SEF 10 x 12 coil...a Minelab pro coil...OR to save some $$...pick up an Explorer 2 stock 1050 coil.

The explorer 2 seems to handle deep iron better than the SE for most of us...and the XS loves nickels from what I've heard.

The SE has a slightly faster processor...AND ID's in the all metal pinpoint mode.

There is NOT a bad explorer...so take your pick:clapping:

(Bryce-IL) will the explorer 2 stock 1050 coil work with the new explorer se pro detector, if so are all explorer coils interchangable with
all other explorer detectors...

If you have the SE pro though...you should already have the 11" pro coil on it.

The normal Explorer SE is the one that came with the slimline coil.

The pro coil that came on the SE pro is a step up from the 1050 coil in most people's opinions.

If you have the slimline coil on the explorer SE...then a 1050 coil might do you some good:thumbup:

Bryce-IL said:
fairly heavy:rolleyes:

If you get an SE...get rid of the slimline coil..and go for either an SEF 10 x 12 coil...a Minelab pro coil...OR to save some $$...pick up an Explorer 2 stock 1050 coil.

The explorer 2 seems to handle deep iron better than the SE for most of us...and the XS loves nickels from what I've heard.

The SE has a slightly faster processor...AND ID's in the all metal pinpoint mode.

There is NOT a bad explorer...so take your pick:clapping:

Bryce what do you dislike about the slimline coil?