Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer touchpad protection

Hey everyone. Just wanted to let those of you who didn't know...

Have you heard of invisishield? It is a product available at www.zagg.com that started life out as a screen protector for the military. They caught on and are now available for a ton of devices including, you guessed it, the Minelab Explorer series!!!. I bought one and when it showed up I installed it in about 2 minutes. Now if my screen gets dirty I can just wipe it off. If the shield gets scratched I can buy a new one. The protector also comes with a lifetime guarantee against wearing out.

I have a rain cover but sometimes it is tough to see through, especially in direct sunlight. So now, I only use the rain cover when it is, you guessed again, raining!!! I can have that cover off and not worry about scratches because of the invivishield!

And, BTW, I am not an affiliate of Invisishield, of Zagg.com, in any way. I just like the product.

Thanks!!!

I can see how it would protect the screen. Without using your cover, does your box get filthy from your dirty hands? Thats more of the reason i use the cover more than for the screen.

Dew

I've been using a fold-lock sandwich bag stretched over the box on my SE. It's easy to see through, keeps the box clean and protected from rain and protects the touch pad. If it starts to get beat I just throw it away and put a new one on. Fast and CHEAP ! I am interested in an actual touch pad protector though - what are the details on the one mentioned above?
Bruce in Ct

All... I would use this cover AND the sandwich bag or rain cover. It is 21.95 but is well worth the price if you ask me. No scratches on the display is worth a lot. Anyway, if you want more info you can PM me anytime. And, like I said, I am not affiliated with the company that provides this product, whatsoever!!!

Has anyone used the screen protectors for palm pilots .... I've wondered if they might work ..... I think they are fairly cheap

I used those "Palm Pilot" screen protectors until I bought a Z A G G screen protector. The Palm protectors are way better than nothing, but still scratch fairly easily. The Z A G G protectors that I use, have never required replacing, and I have had them on one machine for 2-3 years and the other machine for over a year with NO adverse effects. With either protector I would recommend wiping the screen with a damp cloth. If dust is wiped off dry, the Palm protectors will scratch immediately, and become hard to read in some light conditions quickly. Whatever you use, it's still cheaper than sending your machine in ($45+- just for shipping and insur.) for repairs.