Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer SE PRO vs. E-TRAC

If I could give you any advice it would be to find somewhere where you can try them both.... the question you're asking leads to some arguing :)

OR buy a used XS! the XS users in our group do as well as anyone.

I have had the SE and have the e-trac . The e-trac is ok , the ID is a little faster. The SE I like the tones better then the e-trac. I have had the e-trac for 4 mo. and I had the SE for 1 1/2. So far I think I like the SE better. May have to do some trade. Found more silver coins with the SE then the e=trac. E- trac only 4 silver coin??

E-trac is the better choice in my opinion for depth and sensitivity. Very long learning curve though. My Girlfriend has an Etrac and I the SE. I have a test garden in the back yard, all items are at 8" down with no electric lines close and very neutral ground here in Oklahoma and the etrac will pick up all of the coins 100% of the time , the SE will pick them up I'd say 80% during a normal sweep speed, 90% at a very slow sweep. All comparisons made with the same coils switched to the other machine. The larger coils do very well on the SE, pro coil and 10x12 SEF but in real hunting areas most of the time the trash will get in the way so i do most of the testing with the 6x8 SEF, dont like my 8 inch sunray because of the falsing when it hits something.Im getting myself an etrac very soon. As most people like myself are use to the SE with alot of good finds so it is hard to let go of a good friend and move on. You cant go wrong with either one so good luck and post those great finds. JOHN

I tried both.like the SePro much better.

It is more stable, works better for me. I dig far less junk targets with the SePro.......