Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer Se Pro settings

Kenny Ray

I have been using a Explorer XS for 10 years.Today I should be getting my new Explorer Se Pro.Can I use the same settings I've been using and am used to with my older Explorer XS?

I am still waiting for my new SE, but I have Andy's book. And I have never owned a Minelab until now so I can only tell you what is written. But...I don't want to get in trouble for typing it here. Someone might suggest that you buy the book.....it's worth every penny. As long as I get a nod from the big shots here I would be happy to share it with you. But I must respect my elders in this situation and get an OK first.

Kenny, things like IM, sensitivity, Gain have been expanded (more numbers). So drop us a note as to what you were using and we will try and give you the same for the SE or fairly close.

Dew

I just got my Se Pro today.I went to the park by my house and set it up like I did with my Explorer XS.Gain at 8,Sensitivity at 28 manual,Variability at 9.Fast on Deep off.IM at 28,conductivity,limits at 10,threshold at 12.Any ideas on something better to set it on.I noticed the pinpointing is a lot different,but I like it and should adjust to it alright.

Here in Ind. the sensitivity based on my soil is a bit high. Ive found manual 24 as good as the higher sensitivity i used to use. I think my Threshold is a little lower just because i have a pretty good pair of headphones.... or my hearing is pretty good. I can hear as i pass over targets, but not to loud as to distract me. Im old i need a LOT of concentration lol. I found fast maybe in a park to be useful, but generally i use both the fast and deep off. For me, that gives me a longer clearer tone.... not quite as choppy. Looks good thou Kenny. Let us know how you like it and how it works in your area. That could be beneficial to others in your area.

Dew

As far as I know the iron mask parameters are different but gain and sensitivity are not. The only change to gain and sensitivity are that the presets were changed. When I switch between the ex2 and the Se...the only change I have to make is to iron mask. Iron mask -6 on the ex2 and xs is the same as-22 on the SE. My sensitivity and gain settings remain the.same on both and don't need to be changed.

Minnesota Bob said:
Hi Dave

I'm over in Spicer MN

Headed to England on the 16th of March

Where's Cook MN

We are about 75 miles north of Duluth or 20 miles north of Virginia, MN.

Have fun in England !!!