Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer SE or Quattro MP

Mike2

I currently own a X-Terra 70, and I wish buy a second detector, I have been looking at both the Explorer SE and Quattro MP at this stage I am leaning more towards the Explorer, does anyone have a view on which md is the best for Coin, Relic and Jewellery detecting in parks and beach? Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Haven't tried the Explorer. but I have the Quattro. Love the Quattro and the display and tones. Easy to use and set up. Arm cuff is a bit flimsy, broke one already. Got a replacement and a metal cuff as a backup. Tough pinpointing in soil with the d-coil. Like lookind for a needle in a haystack sometimes,because its depth can be so good. I had to pass up some good signals because I wasnt able to dig any large holes where I was.

Paul

Of course neither the Explorer or the Quatro are "totally" waterproof like the Excallibur, but if your careful you can put the coil under water, just don't get water in the shaft and lift it over your shoulder or get the housing wet, but I own the Quatro, and it's a great machine, everything, everyone say's it is here on the forum. I've never "owned" the Explorer, but I've read the owners manual, and listend to numerous posts on it, and in my opinion, the "main", not the only, but the main difference between that and the Quatro is that the Explorer has two numeric readouts: one for ferrous metal and one for conductive, so, it should give you more information on what the target is in order to make a decision on whether to dig it or not. I believe the Quatro goes as deep or almost as the Explorer, but it starts getting down to some of the extra features, and stuff, like the little light the Explorer has in the housing, and whatever. To me it's like comparing a full featured Honda Accord with an Acura. They're both good, but let's get down to the absolute nitty'gritty, and make a decision. I'd talk to Mike from Virginia Beach if you can, because he's owned and used both, he may even have the CZ70, I'm not sure, but he's got a bunch of past posts here on both of the Minalab units. Good luck, and I think either way, you won't go wrong. Marc.

Guys

Just a short note to thank all of you for the great info and advice, at this stage I am going with the Explorer SE, now the easy part is done, I just have to dig up the funds $$$$, but with a little luck the unit might pay for its self. Once again thanks for all the great assistance.

Owiee

Yes the SE will be worth the money Mike and I don't think you will look back either. I use the Quattro and SE and I love both but the dual digital readout is really great on the SE! There are so many features on the SE. The SE won't disappoint you. Happy hunting Mike and God Bless.

John Tomlinson,CET:minelab::coiltec::usaflag::csflag: