Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer SE or Quattro MP

Mike2

I currently own a X-Terra 70, and I wish buy a second detector, I have been looking at both the Explorer SE and Quattro MP at this stage I am leaning more towards the Explorer, does anyone have a view on which md is the best for Coin, Relic and Jewellery detecting in parks and beach? Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

I would move to the SE, I would hate for you to be disapointed with the Quattro MP.

The Quattro is an OK detector, but the SE is better in these features:
1. Faster in target reset.
2. Faster in target response
3. More information in regards to targets
4. SE has the newer coil design(solid)

Hope these help....

Guys

Just a short note to thank all of you for the great info and advice, at this stage I am going with the Explorer SE, now the easy part is done, I just have to dig up the funds $$$$, but with a little luck the unit might pay for its self. Once again thanks for all the great assistance.

Owiee

I don't wanna get anyone in trouble. The people at Minelab are terrific people, in fact, you could even call them with your question. I have an SE, I called Minelab and asked about the MP for my second machine. There was one on Ebay I was interested in. I was told I would not be happy with it. they strongly suggested the 70 over the MP, and suggested a few other machines also. I assume that part of there idea was that I already had an SE. They said I just wouldn't be happy with the MP. But if you do the math it still comes out the same in your case. It was said that the MP is slow in response. Sense I've had other discussion with Minelab I trust the advise I was offered and stayed away from the MP. What I did wasn't one of the options they suggested, but I'd guess they wouldn't have disagreed. I bought an EX 2 for my second machine. I really like what I have now, I'll use one for my smaller coils, trash area parks etc. and just general backup. who knows what else I'll come up with. The Explorer is a great machine! I like the little subtle differences, and everything is interchangeable. This last parts about me, but you get the point. You can probably pick up an Ex2 for about the same price as an MP and get a lot more machine!
Good luck. PP