Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer II questions

scars

I have a 3 year old or maybe 4 year old explorer II, the volume has always been to loud even with the threshold on one, does this unit adjust volume with the head phone settings, the original Koss head phone did not have any adjustment knobs. Last week I used this unit in a hunted out park and it behaved like a normal detector with the volume issue. Found SL quarter and two other silver coins and 3 silver rings, but now unit is loud again. Unit was bought new,thanks for any help

This EX11 does have a volume adjustment in the main menu. With headphones, I set mine about 5 or 4 depending on the back ground noise. I turn the threashold down to where I don't hear it at all. I think that is around 8 where I don't hear the hum. Thats just how I run mine. Check your volume setting by pressing "menu" then"audio" then "volume". Once in that screen you can adjust the volume. Did you get a manual with it? If the volume is not controllable it might some other problem.

good luck

Jimb WI

I got the manual with it, but tried your setting and is still too loud. I even turned volume to 1 and treshold backed off to zero. I quess it will have to be sent back. Thanks for your reply

If the explorer is like other units I think the head phones should be cranked up and the detector set low on treshold , not sure about minelabs . Grabbed the DFX this morning with the 12" coil and snatched a silver 3 pence from 1898 about the size of a half dime buried 6" so I am still in the game anyway. Thanks