Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer hip mount?.............

Greg from Mi.

Hi everyone. Anyone know of how you can hip mount an explorer. Either I'm getting older or its getting heavier
Thanks
Greg from Mi.

Hey Greg, I have a thing I bought that lets you sling the upper part of the machine around your neck. I got it when I had arm trouble and it really works pretty good. The unit I have is basicly a straight upper unit with arm cup and handle that fastens to the upper shaft. I had a little trouble with the thing loosening up on the shaft. And it takes a bit to get use to being strung into your detector. I forget where I ordered it from right now. Hopefully someone else has that url.

Let me know if you have any questions. HH - Robin

Hey Greg...you're not getting older, the machine is just getting heavier!:rofl: NOT! Actually, we all know what you mean.....my suggestion is to purchase the "Swingy Thingy" a contraption by Doc, that basically allows the detector to "float" at the height you set it at above the ground, and WOW.....no more tired arm!:thumbup:

We stock it at Treaure Hut, and you can see it at www.treasurehut.org

They sell several hipmount attachments but are clumsy at best. As far as contraptions they sell several such as the swingy thing, but remember the weight has to go somewhere if you have a bad back be careful. In any case they work well for many so may help you...I saw an interesting sight the other day when one fellow attached a rope near the coil and swung with both arms. Never tried it myself as my hunts are short and swing slowly skimming the ground with no arm or shoulder problems...Do remember careful setting of the lower rod and armrest for your body also helps so I guess its time to experiment...and what works for one may not for another...

Hi Greg,
Have a look on this website: http://www.detectorgear.com/
and the forum: http://www.detectorgear.com/dgforums/index.php